MX-23.2 – init diversity respin

Forum Forums General Other Distros MX-23.2 – init diversity respin

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated Feb 22-8:49 pm by Brian Masinick.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ProwlerGr

I would like to present an “init-diversity” spin of the current release of MX Linux 23.2

MX-23.2_KDE_init-diversity-edition_UNOFFICIAL_20240222.iso
      MX-23.2_KDE_init-diversity-edition_UNOFFICIAL_20240222.iso.md5

This includes 5 inits (sysvinit – systemd – s6-rc – s6-66 – runit), all able to run live & available to install.
      This spin in the MX distro’s spirit (systemd binaries fully present & utilised by other inits as well as systemd)

Same instructions/restrictions & caveats as per the antiX init-diversity spin would apply here as well

Credits for should go to all contributors & testers of the original “init-diversity” antiX-23 spin.

I have also posted this in the MX forum
      mx-23-2-init-diversity-respin

Brian Masinick

I’ll be checking this out shortly! Thank you once again for sharing with us!

--
        Brian Masinick

Brian Masinick

I have the system installed. At first it was really sluggish but I modified a few things, especially repository choices and that helped a lot; given that it’s KDE, though my system can handle it fine, it isn’t as nimble as my antiX rocket ship configurations, including your antiX init-diversity work, but I’ve got it running well now. Thank you so much for sharing these creative images with us; I have definitely enjoyed trying out each of them. This latest one is quite interesting; when I get more time I’m going to compare some of the different init varieties in this much heavier KDE configuration.

I hope that some MX people take interest in it; hopefully they will. I used to work with several of them a lot more than I do now, and I remember that a few of them loved to create respins, just like you and I do. Way back when the MEPIS project was still around, a couple of us were messing with Xfce and LXDE respins at a time when most MEPIS installations were KDE-based. I also would use small window managers, particularly IceWM with MEPIS; I’ve done that on PCLinuxOS too with good results; anyway, @ProwlerGr, your latest work is yet another marvelous effort; thank you for sharing with us!

--
          Brian Masinick

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.