MX Linux 19 Beta 1

Forum Forums General Other Distros MX Linux 19 Beta 1

• This topic has 17 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated Oct 29-10:40 am by masinick.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    masinickmasinick

I can hardly wait to see the finished product for MX Linux 19.

The Beta 1 is already awesome. Testers and the curious would do well to give it a try!

Brian Masinick

fatmacfatmac

I have it on 3 different laptops, one using a HDD, one a SSD, & the other using an SDHC card to boot from, all working OK for my usage. 🙂

Linux (& BSD) since 1999

eugen-beugen-b

Did Distrowatch popularity bring more qualified testers? Or rather more questions like
    “When I install a Beta will I have to reinstall when the final release is out?”,
    “I’m frightened to install a Beta. When will the final release be ready?” 😉
    What’s your impression?

• This reply was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by eugen-b.
    Forum Admin
    dolphin_oracledolphin_oracle

Did Distrowatch popularity bring more qualified testers? Or rather more questions like
    “When I install a Beta will I have to reinstall when the final release is out?”,
    “I’m frightened to install a Beta. When will the final release be ready?” 😉
    What’s your impression?

I little bit of both. we picked up a lot of good bug reports. we picked up some good developers. we also got a lot of folks asking those questions you indicated.

masinickmasinick

“I’m frightened to install a Beta. When will the final release be ready?”
    What’s your impression?

I [notice] little bit of both. we picked up a lot of good bug reports. we picked up some good developers. we also got a lot of folks asking those questions you indicated.

The exposure is great! I couldn’t believe how positive several of the YouTube reviews have been, and it’s nice to see others navigating through the software in such a complimentary way. More exposure can also mean more testing in a variety of scenarios, and that can potentially help to further improve software quality, as long as we remain careful to implement the features that best represent our intended community and avoid the trap of “too much feature creep” tarnishing our outstanding efforts. We’ve done a great job with this for many years and I look forward to continued success!

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by masinick. Reason: get rid of the huge icon smile

Brian Masinick

fatmacfatmac

I forgot, I also installed it onto my Toshiba Chromebook that uses an eMMC, no sound at the moment, but I’m not worried about that on this one, as it is my morning email & forum checker, whilst having my breakfast. 🙂

Linux (& BSD) since 1999

I installed v19.3 on an 8GB flash drive and overall, like it. Any “tentative” date set for RC????????????????

masinickmasinick

I know that we’re at least up to MX Linux 19 Beta 2; have not noticed any firm release date in conversations, though some speculated some time ago that we could have a release in September. I don’t think we are far away, but to speculate on a September release or any other release date even now may be premature unless it comes directly from the release team.

Brian Masinick

Hopefully, they manage to fix it’s look until September … 2029.
    No much hope though if I analyze last years.

capreacaprea

noClue,I think your main problem with MX-Linux is that the very clever and confident admins have banned you from their forum after maybe 3 days.
    https://forum.mxlinux.org/viewtopic.php?f=95&t=47273&hilit=noClue&start=100

In my opinion it was the only feasible decision, they don’t need to sell themselves for some shiny glass beads you offered.

They decided it’s better to get rid of you. Bravo!

Might be better for the sake of peace in forums, but it doesn’t make MX looks any better. 😉
    And … it doesn’t matter how many ‘blind’ you collect on a ‘junkpile’,
    they’ll still see no problem where nothing is good.
    So yeah … “better” is relative. 😉

capreacaprea

Yeah, they are all blind, all the users, who made MX-Linux their distro No.1 and all the developers.
    Only noClue is capable of seeing.

Well, slowly but surely you could come up with something new to amuse us.

1. Does being Nr.1 on some list implicates “everything’s good” or that there’s no need to improve what could easily get better?
    2. Just how exactly the “four monkeys forum and developers” helps improving the things?

C’mon amuse us and bring some ARGUMENTS on what’s so good about MX looks.

capreacaprea

Haha, I think everyone is bored enough already and not interested to let this thread continue to be captured and manipulated by a toxic personality like you are.In other words LMAA.

masinickmasinick

I’m never concerned about looks as my primary or even major consideration. Unless a distribution’s artists really catch my eye with something, I tend to modify the default appearance. Frankly, so far I’m pretty happy with appearance and features with MX Linux. Whether I’m in the majority or not, I can tell you that the software is plenty solid for those who use their software primarily as a means to access the Internet. These days, I’ll be honest, that’s what I primarily do. If I want other software, with a Debian-based distribution, it’s easy to find what I need. So maybe I’m not the best candidate to select the final choice of tools. However, my assessment of both the antiX and MX families is that they’ve long had a solid foundation of base applications and appearance. Unless there are serious issues, releasing software whenever the developers feel it is ready is reasonable. If a defect is discovered, it can be fixed, either during testing cycles or within the release cycle. Our stuff is generally solid enough for a better than average experience. From what I’ve seen, past and current, even fairly early test releases are nearly up to the standard of some software I see that is commercially produced (and paid for). We have nothing to be ashamed of and quite a bit to be very pleased with.

Best wishes as testing continues and the release approaches.

Brian Masinick

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.