MX Linux 19 Beta 1

Forum Forums General Other Distros MX Linux 19 Beta 1

• This topic has 23 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated Aug 22-10:06 pm by Brian Masinick.
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Helpful
    Up
    :D

@caprea

“Haha, I think everyone is bored enough already and not interested to let this thread continue to be captured and manipulated by a toxic personality like you are.”

That’s a very qualified (and expected) ARGUMENT. 😉

“In other words…”

You would… if you could… bring some. 😉

— —

@masinick

“I’m never concerned about looks as my primary or even major consideration … I tend to modify the default appearance.”

That’s not my point.

That’s actually about “finishing a product”.

What MX Team did was like building a Mercedes with a plastic armatures. Why not, but shouldn’t be.

They tried to fix it though, but “the fix” is another broken look even if (almost) EVERYTHING is straight in front of their eyes, in Papyrus folder.

BobC
    Helpful
    Up

The perfect name for NoClue’s new spin…

PerfeXtion

Sorry, I couldn’t help myself…. Seriously, though, its always good to be finding ways to improve things, but it isn’t necessary to get people upset in order to sell them on it. It’s better to just SHOW them something good, IMO.

But who am I to say, anyway…

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by BobC.
    Brian Masinick
    Helpful
    Up

I think that self examination is a good thing to do from time to time.

Listening to feedback is useful. However, there are times when either the person or team who creates a system makes choices for their own reasons. In free software this is particularly important.

There are enough different distributions available to provide many ways to do things and both antiX and MX communities do a great job of making many flexible tools to modify the stock distribution or remaster your own customized variations and re-spins.

Best wishes to everyone.

Brian Masinick

Brian Masinick
    Helpful
    Up

I can hardly wait to see the finished product for MX Linux 19.

The Beta 1 is already awesome. Testers and the curious would do well to give it a try!

Today I am running from a USB 3 snapshot that was created from MX Linux 19.1. It has since been updated with current software, so it is effectively equivalent to MX Linux 19.2.

On my hard drive I have both MX Linux and two instances of antiX – the base, now 19.2, with my own selection of software added, and “runit”, the alternative scheduler; all three are up to date, so they’d be the equivalent of the 19.2 releases.

I now have this live implementation of the snapshot updated too; if all is well, next time I start it, I should see the equivalent of 19.2 software if I update correctly.

Brian Masinick

seaken64
    Helpful
    Up

I run MX 19.2 64-bit as my main OS on my main laptop and MX 19.2 32-bit as my main OS on my P4HT desktop.

FWIW, I like the look of MX. I’m glad the devs did not listen to NoClue.

I’m not sure but I think antiX was influenced a little by NoCLue. I do not like the look of antiX 19 when compared to antiX 16 or 17. I absolutely HATE the black and blue line design on the boot and default background. Thankfully we can just change it. I’m not a fan of the MX boot screen graphic either. I like the scrolling text best.

Seaken64

Brian Masinick
    Helpful
    Up

Personally I prefer to use nature scenes for my wallpaper.

I do like the Galaxy look, it works with the right foreground and background color for the boot loader entries.

I’m not a fan of white lettering on anything except a keyboard.

Brian Masinick

christophe
    Helpful
    Up

seaken64,
    I remember a thread where noclue said he HATED the lines wallpaper. Maybe you guys are more alike than you think! (LOL)

seaken64
    Helpful
    Up

seaken64,
    I remember a thread where noclue said he HATED the lines wallpaper. Maybe you guys are more alike than you think! (LOL)

Ha! Maybe! 🙂

Brian Masinick
    Helpful
    Up

seaken64,

Ha! Maybe! 🙂

Perhaps that is something that I also share in common. I’m not a fan of the intrusive crossing blue lines. They also look blurry on some screens. The only time I see them is when I am running something that I have not yet changed, like when I run a new instance from USB or boot one of my latest refurb computers. I change it to a picture of the Cumberland waterfall and I am happy

Brian Masinick

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.