My Plasma-like IceWM 🙃

Forum Forums General Screenshots My Plasma-like IceWM 🙃

• This topic has 16 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated Dec 15-5:39 pm by Brian Masinick.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    tizianomattei

Hi, this is my current setup.
      Featuring: Breeze-dark themes & icons (tweaked), jgmenu (customized), tint2 at the bottom and xfce4-panel at the top, zzzfm, geany, antiX control centre.
      Enjoy!
      Tiziano

• This topic was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by tizianomattei.
      Forum Admin
      rokytnji

Pretty Nice. I like it. 😎

Sometimes I drive a crooked road to get my mind straight.
        I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute off it.
        Motorcycle racing is rocket science.

Linux Registered User # 475019
        How to Search for AntiX solutions to your problems

olsztyn

Very nice IceWM.
          Thanks for sharing…

Live antiX Boot Options (Previously posted by Xecure):
          http://antixlinuxfan.miraheze.org/wiki/Table_of_antiX_Boot_Parameters

PPC

I like that setup – it seems a slight modification of my tint2 and jgmenu configurations from FT10! Would it be possible sharing the configuration you used for you jgmenu? I would like to know how you got the “preferitti” and “applicationi” menu entries with that background and centered… That could be included on a future FT10 update.
            The only thing I don’t like is the “wasted space” on the top, with what I assume is a GUI to switch between different workspaces (in part because I don’t really us multiple workspaces, I tried, but my mind is trained to use a single workspace)

For those that are thinking this is a waste of system resources: a tiny bit, yes. Jgmenu, at least in FT10 is not configured to be resident in RAM, so it only uses resources when we open the menu… and the tint2 toolbar uses a dozen or so of Mb, and can partly replace volumeicon and conky- that means you can have a similar looking antix configuration using less system resources than the default zzz-IceWM one! There’s a reason why anticapitalista asked the community if antiX 23 should include the FT10 package… You get a KDE/Windows 10 level of features and system look and feel, while using less or just little more than what the default configuration uses!

EDIT (and off topic): Since now we have, by default, in antiX 23 a more similar level of features to what FT10, I rarely use it now… But recently I was working in adding a jgmenu configuration quite simple, similar to Windows 11, but without all the crap and with a lot more information about the apps that are listed…

P.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by PPC.
            • This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by PPC.
            marcelocripe

Hi, this is my current setup.
              Featuring: Breeze-dark themes & icons (tweaked), jgmenu (customized), tint2 at the bottom and xfce4-panel at the top, zzzfm, geany, antiX control centre.
              Enjoy!
              Tiziano

If you don’t share the ISO, then how do you want people to “enjoy” your creation?

Se você não compartilha a ISO, então como você quer que as pessoas “aproveitem” a sua criação?

Wallon

Dear tizianomattei,

It’s a really beautiful, modern presentation.
                But as Marcelocripe says, if you don’t give the procedure for installing, modifying or deleting packages… other antiX users will ignore your message!

Best regards,
                Wallon

tizianomattei

First, thank you all for your appreciation!

Marcelocripe and Wallon: you are right, but I’ve posted here in the “Screenshots” forum, which I thought was only devoted to sharing screenshots for the pleasure of the eye, so that’s the kind of enjoyment I was talking about (I even thought it would have been considered off-topic sharing config files here).
                  Furthermore, many parts of the setup are far from complete, while others are obtained with workarounds and not in a very tidy way…
                  For instance, I’m willing to share my “Plasma5-Breeze-Dark” IceWM theme when it will be complete, but by now the taskbar part is still missing some pieces (beacuse I’m using tint2 as a panel, I didn’t bother to fully theme the default one). My “breeze-inherit” icon theme is a kind of a hack providing some sparse symlinks, it doesn’t really work as I’d like to and I still can’t figure out why, and many icons are hard-coded… a bit of a mess in fact.
                  But one thing I’ve already shared here: the antiX logo that I’m using as a menu icon, which I’ve created following the style of the new MX logo.

PPC: yes, it is based on your great FT10 package! I’m sharing my jgmenu config here. The “Preferiti” and “Applicazioni” are simply separators, they have that appearance when they contain text (syntax: ^sep(text) ).
                  I managed to mimic the breeze-dark theme using rectangles and tweaking the icons and the rectangles with trial and error…
                  As for the wasted space at the top, there isn’t any, in fact, because I keep all of my panels with autohide turned on (the one above is xfce4-panel with only the pager loaded, because I’m very used to this setup and I use virtual desktops a lot).

So, I’m attaching my 4 config files for jgmenu here (path: ~/.config/jgmenu), please note that the icons are hard-coded and won’t work in your install… I’ll share more when I’ll be ready…

jgmenurc:

csv_cmd             = apps
                  tint2_look          = 1
                  stay_alive          = 0
                  position_mode       = ipc
                  menu_margin_y       = 25
                  menu_width          = 748
                  menu_height_min     = 556
                  menu_height_max     = 556
                  menu_padding_top    = 52
                  menu_padding_right  = 6
                  menu_padding_bottom = 1
                  menu_padding_left   = 246
                  menu_border         = 1
                  item_height         = 32
                  item_radius         = 2
                  item_border         = 1
                  color_menu_bg = #1B1E20 100
                  color_menu_border   = #2E343A 100
                  #color_norm_fg = #ffffff 100
                  color_sel_bg = #244556 100
                  color_sel_fg = #ffffff 100
                  color_sel_border    = #3c90fa 100
                  color_scroll_ind    = #2a2e32 0
                  csv_name_format     = %n\n<span size="x-small">%g</span>
                  csv_no_dirs         = 1
                  color_title_fg = #B6B9BE 100
                  color_title_bg = #2A2E32 100
                  color_title_border = #1E2124 0

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by tizianomattei.
                  Brian Masinick

@tizianomattei You have the correct topic for sharing screenshots; after all
                    it is Forum › Forums › General › Screenshots › My Plasma-like IceWM 🙃
                    IF anything, those not sharing screenshots themselves are Off topic, so don’t be concerned.

Also, thank you for providing additional details about your screenshot and the methods
                    you used to obtain them; I think they are beautiful, creative and interesting;
                    thank you for sharing!

Personally I enjoy nature scenes and I’ve become a fan of a place that I’ve driven
                    *near* in the past as I’ve driven between Michigan, my former home, and South
                    Carolina where I currently live. It happens to be near Corbin, Kentucky,
                    and it’s called the Cumberland Falls. It’s pretty in it’s own right, but it
                    also has an attraction called a “Moonbow”, similar to a “Rainbow”, except that
                    it’s made visible by a bright moon, hence the name Moonbow. I’ll try to attach
                    it, but interested individuals can search for Cumberland Falls Moonbow.

--
                    Brian Masinick

olsztyn

Beautiful! I did not know Kentucky has such interesting places. Is this picture really taken as lit with just Moon light, showing this moonbow?
                      I miss driving though southern states… Longing to those time when my daughter was studying at the University of Alabama, before she went to study at the University of medical Sciences in Poland…
                      Tennessee was another beautiful state. I am not too familiar with South Carolina except driving through there every time I drive to Florida…

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by olsztyn.
                      • This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by olsztyn.

Brian Masinick

Here’s the way – I-75 South from Michigan through Ohio, then Kentucky.

Somewhere around mile markers 20-25 there is an exit to the Cumberland Falls Park.
                        The falls are actually famous for that Moonbow! I’ve never seen it before but the area is beautiful, even from the Interstate highway.

We continue to Tennessee on I-75, then take I-640 East to I-40 and continue on I-40 East toward the Smoky Mountains and then continue to North Carolina and follow I-40 East all the way to I-26 East, heading toward Ashville and continuing to US 25 South, just the other side of Hendersonville, North Carolina, crossing into South Carolina.

Atlanta is a couple of hours away, actually closer to us than Charleston SC believe it or not.

--
                        Brian Masinick

Brian Masinick

Kentucky has several interesting things.
                          1) Kentucky Derby in Louisville
                          2) Mammoth Caves near Park City
                          3) Cumberland Falls in Corbin

On top of all of this the Cincinnati Airport is actually in Covington, Kentucky across the Ohio River! Kentucky is a LOT better than first glance but it’s very much an either “got it or you don’t” kind of a place. Tennessee, North and South Carolina have similar stories unfortunately!

--
                          Brian Masinick

Brian Masinick

These places have many sites that would make EXCELLENT screenshots!

--
                            Brian Masinick

olsztyn

On top of all of this the Cincinnati Airport is actually in Covington, Kentucky across the Ohio River!

That is another surprise to me. I thought Cincinnati airport (CVG) would be in Cincinnati, Ohio.
                              But I have a great respect to South Carolina in my eyes too. Great history!…

Brian Masinick

Yeah, for some nice screenshots in our area, we have Paris Mountain – that’s why several of my Wunderground Weather access points say “Mountain Shadows”, we have the Reedy River and both Falls Park and Union Park right next to one another, so there are a lot of good trails, in fact the “Swamp Rabbit Trail” goes right through those parks, and if you keep walking you can get all the way to where I live – and further!

We also have the capital in Columbia and some great seaside stuff. We haven’t been to historic Charleston yet, but there would be a LOT of photographic opportunities there for screenshots and wallpaper! Plenty of theatre and artistic stuff in this region too!

--
                                Brian Masinick

Brian Masinick

@tizianomattei I hope our discussion has not detracted from what you have shared; your creativity is very impressive and appealing!

--
                                  Brian Masinick

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.