[SOLVED] network printer not detected,avahi-daemon not starting on sysvinit

Forum Forums General Hardware [SOLVED] network printer not detected,avahi-daemon not starting on sysvinit

• This topic has 16 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated Sep 18-9:41 am by wormsf.
Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    PPC

@wormsf – I’m assuming that this situation can be considered a bug of antiX 23 sysv edition, since the runit version was reported to have the possibility to launch that process.
      avahi-daemon does come pre-installed in antiX 23 sysv Full, so I think that the lack of the script that software’s process requires to be enabled/disabled was some sort of mishap (EDIT: caused by the fact that the current avahi package on the Debian Repository, that antiX uses, had support for sysv removed) – even if they do not want the process to automatically start every time antiX starts, to save resources, there should be a simply way for users that require it do enable it (i. e. the GUI to enable/disable sysv processes requires the script to be present)…

There are a few ways that the dev team can use to solve this – it can be solved in a future antiX 23.1 version, or avahi-damon’s package can be updated to include the needed script. If this happens, when users update antiX, all they have to do is to either manually enable the process or use the GUI to make sure it’s always on.

I’ll add this “problem” on the thread about the release of antiX 23.

• This reply was modified 9 months, 1 week ago by PPC.
      wormsf

Thank you for your answer.
        I agree, that it’s not necessary to systematically enable the daemon , but script must be present to enable it if necessary

I succeeded to integrate the service, because I have a good knowledge of linux commands, how to change file rights and create a link under RC.x
        It’s not the case for people who discover linux

regards

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.