New Antix user running on Mac Mini 2008

Forum Forums New users Welcome to antiX New Antix user running on Mac Mini 2008

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated Feb 7-3:52 pm by Xecure.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Crashed Disk

Hi all,
    Greetings from Paignton in Devon (UK). Why did I not find this before I am very happy with this distro as running on old hardware faster than any others I have tried, I am currently triple booting MacOS Snow Leopard, Unbuntu and Antix using the Refind boot manager. It’s all been a bit of a learning curve keeping this old girl running with a more up to date OS.

The three things I now need to do are:

Be able to backup files to Nas drive
    Install my HP Deskjet all in one printer to be able to print
    Attempt to save live system to USB

Once I am happy all this is working I am going to ditch Ubuntu as cannot upgrade any further than version 18 which is due to enter end of life support. So final problem would be merging and expanding the partition that Antix sits on

• This topic was modified 7 months, 2 weeks ago by Crashed Disk.
    Xecure
    Helpful
    Up

Welcome, Crashed Disk, to this small community for such a great distro.

The three things I now need to do are:

Be able to backup files to Nas drive
    Install my HP Deskjet all in one printer to be able to print
    Attempt to save live system to USB

1. “Be able to backup files to Nas drive”. You could try Conectshares application (http://download.tuxfamily.org/antix/docs-antiX-19/FAQ/connectshares.html). You can search the forum for some examples and troubleshooting.
    2. “Install my HP Deskjet all in one printer to be able to print”. There are a few threads in the forum about HP drivers. Make sure you are running antiX 19 full or, if running base, to install all needed cups packages and printer config programs.
    3. “Attempt to save live system to USB”. Many articles related to this, here, in the FAQ, in the antixlinux.com site and in the wiki.
    If you don’t mind deleting all the USB content to use it as live USB, boot antiX with “toram” parameter, wait for it to boot completely, use the Live USB maker tool (Control Centre > Disks > “Live USB Maker (gui)”) to clone the live system to a USB. Then, on the next reboot, in the bootscreen select any of the persistence options available (for example. persist_root) so that all your changes are stored in the live USB at the end of each session (or whenever you run the program to save persistent changes).
    Also, any change you do on the live session will be kept when you finally decie to install it on your system.

antiX has lots of tools and options for running live, save live changes, remaster all changes to one file, convert a running live (or even an installed system) to a ISO file which you can later use to reinstall the system or run live on other machines, etc., etc.

Too much to write in one post.

Welcome and enjoy the ride!

antiX Live system enthusiast.
    General Live Boot Parameters for antiX.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.