new applauncher.py

Forum Forums antiX-development Development new applauncher.py

• This topic has 65 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated Jul 24-11:47 pm by BobC.
Viewing 6 posts - 61 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • Author

What I see there is mostly the ability to checkbox/parm/config what columns are shown, and I would say if not shown, then don’t search that column would be a reasonable expectation.

LOL, Dave, I was just trying to get him to tell you why he was running Rofi, just for future reference.

Manyroads, How important is the “skins” stuff? Could there be a real simple “background pattern” choice or something that would do well enough? Your screen itself, (ie Wallpaper choice) looks nice, BTW.

XecureXecure

latest (fixed) version (0.1.2) should now be in repos.

Thanks, anticapitalista.

manyroadsmanyroads

@BobC. I’m a bit dense. I am very happy to share what I like about the tools I use and have tested. I publish most of what I learn on my site for all to see and use (as they see fit).

Much of it is located in my knowledge-base, probably a misnomer. Anyway, it is here:

Knowledge Base

Here is an excerpt of some of what I wrote on rofi:

rofi is used to access keybinding help (to assist my “remembery”…)
    in another, more traditional, mode rofi provides access to:
    * ssh
    * active items by workspace
    * launching facilities for applications via:
    ‘run’ mode which allows users to quickly search for and launch a program (much like typing a command in terminal mode)
    ‘drun’ mode which provides:
    a favorites list, with frequently used programs “like cream” floating on top
    Search selectable/accessible application autostart

I should add that today I set rofi up to:
    1. detect and allow me to connect-disconnect from available wireless options.
    2. give me a quick list of all open activities across my workspaces so I can see more than which workspace is active. It also allows me to go directly to any active task I want.

But please feel free query me regarding any topic where you think I might be able to help provide useful help.

Pax vobiscum,
    Mark Rabideau - http://many-roads.com
    MX-19 kernel: 5.2.21-antix.1-amd64-smp
    "For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken
    MX- antiX- bspwm, hlwm, xfce4

Sorry, I thought you were going to post a pic of what your Rofi looked like, explaining how you wanted it to be. I now understand your initial comment. Oh well.

My testing says App-Select is working, and we need to make it easy to get to…

manyroadsmanyroads

@BobC I did post a screen shot of my main rofi screen the one with the nice background you mentioned. I am certainly happy to take more screenshots of different functions if that would help.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 2 weeks ago by manyroads.

Pax vobiscum,
    Mark Rabideau - http://many-roads.com
    MX-19 kernel: 5.2.21-antix.1-amd64-smp
    "For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken
    MX- antiX- bspwm, hlwm, xfce4

Manyroads, its not up to me, as I have been stymied programming wise in pythonville, linuxland, and am not even able to tweak the object programs because I can’t even tell what they are doing.

I just saw a potential opportunity if it had happened that what you were looking for was both an improvement conceptually, and something easily tweaked from what is already working here. That could well have been true for the screen pic you posted.

As I see it, antiX is the home of “lean and mean”, useful programs able to run efficiently even on old computers, and to me that means I don’t expect to find a zillion bells and whistles, but good, basic reliable functionality, and reasonable ease of use.

There are many in this world that have what they have, can’t afford more, and have to make do. I have fast machines and antiques, and being a computer person, I enjoy making magic appear from next to nothing. To me its fun creating and testing things on the old, otherwise useless machines, that will help people that can’t afford better, and just as fun to see them run like greased lightning on my faster machines.

I do what I do because I like to, and hope you enjoy that luxury as well.

Viewing 6 posts - 61 through 66 (of 66 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.