New Debian Bullseyes edition number

Forum Forums Kafeneio Chats In a Greek kafeneio New Debian Bullseyes edition number

• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated Mar 27-7:14 pm by melodie.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    melodie

Hello,

I just read about it on another place, http://www.debian.org/News/2022/20220326

“third update” about security, version number 11.3.

Best regards,
      Mélodie

Brian Masinick

Yeah, I posted about that here the other day:
        Updated Debian 11: 11.3 released

--
        Brian Masinick

melodie

Oh ok!

I am punished by my former ISP as I changed and have 4G connection only for a few days, so I am a bit stuck and I apologize for not doing a search on the topic! ????

Brian Masinick

Oh ok!

I am punished by my former ISP as I changed and have 4G connection only for a few days, so I am a bit stuck and I apologize for not doing a search on the topic! ????

No problem; just giving you a “light jab” – nothing serious! Glad you are interested in looking at various distributions; though Debian has a “different approach” to process scheduling (systemD, vs. sysvinit or runit that we use), we definitely owe a large percentage of the software we directly use in antiX to their work, as well as numerous other freely available software projects!

--
            Brian Masinick

melodie

No problem; just giving you a “light jab” – nothing serious!

So, that would be a nudge? 😀

Glad you are interested in looking at various distributions

I confess. I love all GNU/Linux distros, I love the antiX Snapshot approach (I haven’t tried the tools that are to be used in the live for the same remaster goal). I would love all distros to have such a simple to use and straightforward remaster tool.

And I would love to implement the Openbox + openbox-menu + obsession along with their defaut config in all widely used distributions! 😛

though Debian has a “different approach” to process scheduling (systemD, vs. sysvinit or runit that we use), we definitely owe a large percentage of the software we directly use in antiX to their work, as well as numerous other freely available software projects!

I have given a whirl to Devuan who also does not make use of SystemD, but their respin tool was not close to anything looking like Snapshot. However I have kept their package meant to allow using pulseaudio and pavucontrol in an openbox branded environment in antiX, and a setup which allowed one audio chipset to work in an old lappy, which has been nice.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.