new kernels available

Forum Forums News Announcements new kernels available

• This topic has 20 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated Aug 7-11:45 am by Xecure.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Forum Admin
    anticapitalista

https://antixlinux.com/new-kernels-available-6/

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

Xecure
    Helpful
    Up
    :D

Thank you, anticapitalista.

Just tested 5.6.10 on my device (x64 tablet with antiX 19) and it works well.

andfree
    Helpful
    Up

Thank you. But there’s not a non-pae 4.4.221 kernel in synaptic. Only a pae one.

Forum Admin
    anticapitalista
    Helpful
    Up

Thank you. But there’s not a non-pae 4.4.221 kernel in synaptic. Only a pae one.

Which version of antiX?

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

andfree
    Helpful
    Up
    System:
      Host: dragon Kernel: 4.4.212-antix.1-486-smp i686 bits: 32 compiler: gcc v: 8.3.0 
      Desktop: IceWM 1.6.5 Distro: antiX-19_386-full Marielle Franco 16 October 2019 
      base: Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)
    Forum Admin
    anticapitalista
    Helpful
    Up

Confirmed – hopefullu t will get sorted soon.
    IIRC we had this problem before with the 4.4 486 kernel not showing up in apt/synaptic even though the packages are available in the repos.

https://repo.antixlinux.com/buster/pool/main/l/linux-4.9.221-antix.1-486-smp/

andfree
    Helpful
    Up
    $ sudo apt-get install linux-image-4.4.221-antix.1-486-smp
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree       
    Reading state information... Done
    E: Unable to locate package linux-image-4.4.221-antix.1-486-smp
    E: Couldn't find any package by glob 'linux-image-4.4.221-antix.1-486-smp'
    E: Couldn't find any package by regex 'linux-image-4.4.221-antix.1-486-smp'
    Xecure
    Helpful
    Up

https://repo.antixlinux.com/buster/pool/main/l/linux-4.4.212-antix.1-486-smp/

Download the linux-image-4.4.212-antix.1-486-smp_4.4.212-antix.1-486-smp-3_i386.deb file, use gdebi to install.
    If you need the headers, do the same with linux-headers-4.4.212-antix.1-486-smp_4.4.212-antix.1-486-smp-3_i386.deb

andfree
    Helpful
    Up

This is the right link, I suppose:

https://repo.antixlinux.com/buster/pool/main/l/linux-4.4.221-antix.1-486-smp/

But I don’t see any deb file for i386. Only for amd64 I see.

andfree
    Helpful
    Up

Today I opened the Synaptic and I saw that the 4.4.221-antix.2-486-smp is there. I installed it, rebooted using it and all seems to be ok.

linuxdaddy
    Helpful
    Up

thx anticapitalista,

just booted the 5.6.10 64 bit on my main tower
    17.4.1 and seems to be all good.

Normal == 🙂
    depends on the surrounding crowd ?!

Hypercorporealism0000000
    Helpful
    Up

Lol how would I not need the headers? HoW diD yoU buIlD So thaT libc doEsNT caRe?!? Nicely on that Turion-II based laptop no kernel seems to have headers available…no fancy repo changes.
    If I go into Repo. selection controlpanel and pick something it says fine, it’ll happen on next update…then SELECTS THE BOTTOM OPTION, in Pnomh Pehn VN?
    (Just for laughs at this point, gonna blast it away and install over /home for a while now while I figure out whether I should be trying to get along with TCM and UeFI BIOS.)

There’s more! I can get internet easily by plugging in eth0: …I see a connection for wlan0: happening low key in the background. Suppose then I unplug eth0:, can you believe the computer locks up hard and the date is not 1995 or earlier? Because that’s what happens. My takeaway for now is that sometimes a $23 laptop is a $23 laptop. This multiverse, oi! Will be deploying the impossibility of kernel 5.6 in 1992 in next anti-facist election run, kthxbi.

More on topic, are you sometimes using Maven and Gradle (that’s the test suite then? no, just Groovy-based dependencies-based builds over XML for Maven…geh…maybe) to deploy antiX kernels, or what? Edited to add: Dwarf Fortress, AKA ‘Social Quake,’ runs fine on whichever kernel.

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by Hypercorporealism0000000.
    ModdIt
    Helpful
    Up

@hypercorporconfusion Maybe you take the trouble to write a clear description if you have any problems.

And by the way claiming Pnomh Penh belongs to Vietnam would likely get you locked up in Cambodia,
    possibly killed since VN annexed part of that country the relationship is not always brotherly.

Xecure
    Helpful
    Up

Lol how would I not need the headers? HoW diD yoU buIlD So thaT libc doEsNT caRe?!? Nicely on that Turion-II based laptop no kernel seems to have headers available

All headers available here on my computer. In the future, you could try installing the kernels from cli-aptiX instead. That will ALWAYS install the headers for the selected kernel.
    You can see the kernel headers are available in the repo. Open synaptic and search for the specific kernel version. You will see that the kernel and the headers are there, no need to believe me.

If I go into Repo. selection controlpanel and pick something it says fine, it’ll happen on next update…then SELECTS THE BOTTOM OPTION, i

This is just a display problem, but it does not SELECT the bottom option. You can see the selected repo mirror in the “Individual sources” tab in the Repo Manager. Please check the repo list and you will see I am right.

There’s more! I can get internet easily by plugging in eth0: …I see a connection for wlan0: happening low key in the background. Suppose then I unplug eth0:, can you believe the computer locks up hard

This is probably related to ceni controlling eth0 and connman controlling the wifi. If you are only using Connman, uninstall ceni. If only using ceni, uninstall connman. Having various network managers running at the same time can cause problems.

Noman01
    Helpful
    Up

Quick question I’m using 4.19.100 on antiX 19.1 32bit with all the updates and upgrades, is that still good or do I need to upgrade to 4.19.120.

Thanks

AntiX 19.3

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.