New to linux and antix, password issue

Forum Forums New users New Users and General Questions New to linux and antix, password issue

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by agustinharo88 Sep 6-10:29 pm.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    agustinharo88

Hello! As I say, I’m Brand new on linux and antix. What I test from my usb drive love it. But I have a question: downloaded the base versión for 32bit and I want to download an app, I have to do it with Synaptic? The thing is that any option that I put for download or install a packages, ask me for a password. How can I find it? By the way, I can’t accesos to synaptic or package install because can’t figure it out, what is the password.

Thanks!

caprea
    caprea

Default passwords on live media

username: demo , password: demo
    admin name: root , password: demo (when prompted by gui popup)
    admin name: root , password: root (in cli/terminal)

Not easy to find , scroll down iso download-page
    https://antixlinux.com/download/

agustinharo88

Thank you!

seaken64

Are you planning staying with a Live system? There is a routine to change your passwords when you set up persistence on the Live system. Otherwise, install to a hard drive and set your passwords.

agustinharo88

Are you planning staying with a Live system? There is a routine to change your passwords when you set up persistence on the Live system. Otherwise, install to a hard drive and set your passwords.

I’m continue testing. Have another question, where do I see battery stats? I can’t see it anywhere

seaken64

I think inxi has a battery status output.

try this from terminal

sudo inxi -Fxz
    <enter demo password if using default live system>

agustinharo88

thank you! Is to see in terminal right? A friend showed me that he have battery status in corky, even send me a pic and appears. Is there any way to make it work like that? I see that Corky can be edited, but I don’t know about code

caprea
    caprea

The code to show the battery status is already included in the antiX-conky.
    It’s the last line of the hidden .conkyrc file in your home folder.
    So the status should be present in conky already.

Also the toolbar of icewm should show the battery status in the righthand corner, near the volume-control.
    So if these displays are not there by default, the battery may not be recognized correctly or something else might goes wrong.

Does the output of inxi -Fxz have a section for the battery?

agustinharo88

The code to show the battery status is already included in the antiX-conky.
    It’s the last line of the hidden .conkyrc file in your home folder.
    So the status should be present in conky already.

Also the toolbar of icewm should show the battery status in the righthand corner, near the volume-control.
    So if these displays are not there by default, the battery may not be recognized correctly or something else might goes wrong.

Does the output of inxi -Fxz have a section for the battery?

Hello! Indeed, I just discovered that on icewm toolbar, so everything’s ok. About conky I would see tomorrow if a code appears. And about the inxi yes, appears a section of battery with the percentage

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.