Nextcloud sync for antiX users?

Forum Forums News Sid Upgraders Nextcloud sync for antiX users?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by tuxfan Oct 17-4:15 am.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    tuxfan

Hi antiXians

I have just installed antiX a couple of days ago. It looks really awesome, and my old laptop, which have served me for more than 10 years now, have got its youth back 🙂

So now I am moving into it so to speak, and part of my furnishing is to install Nextcloud to share my files between my laptop and my computer. Unfortunately Nextcloud does not work with antiX’s filemanager.

I used to use Nextcloud with Caja, but if I try to install Caja I also get Mate desktop.
    Have any of you successfully been able to use Nextcloud with antiX?

manyroads
    manyroads

Why not try Thunar. It does not (to my knowledge) force a desktop install. You can also try nemo…

Pax vobiscum,
    Mark Rabideau - http://many-roads.com
    bspwm MX-18.3 kernel: 5.2.15-antix.1-amd64-smp
    "For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken
    MX- antiX- BL- ArchLabs

Xecure
    Xecure

Unfortunately Nextcloud does not work with antiX’s filemanager.

Try SpaceFM (already installed in antix) first, as it is not clear that you have tested it out.

Also, does NextCloud not have a client App that helps you set up a folder for sync? It should be independent from the File Manager (sorry if this sounds stupid; I have no experience with this cloudsharing software).

tuxfan

Thanks for your ideas. I did try with SpaceFM, I just couldn’t remember it’s name at the moment. But thanks to your suggestions I discovered that Webdav should be helpful. I have no experience with that, but I will have a look at it one of the next days.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.