No Forum PM so my concern is..

Forum Forums Administration Site Help No Forum PM so my concern is..

• This topic has 11 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated Jul 29-7:17 pm by techore.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    techore

Previously, I would PM one of the moderators but that is no longer possible.

I have observed a repeat offender on bashing specifically the United States. It has no place here. The most recent incident:

https://www.antixforum.com/forums/topic/skiff-encripted-e-mail-service-and-cloud-storage-and-on-line-document/#post-112776

Sorry for dropping a turd on your desk, but unchecked, others will infer that bigoted statements are acceptable here.

Sincerely,

techore

Xunzi_23

Interesting, Repeated bigoted bashing of USA, have you already asked for an FBI CIA NSA investigation
        and SWAT visit ?.

stevesr0

Hi techore and Xunzi_23,

I think both of you have made useful contributions to the forum. Thanks to both ou you.

techore, I read the linked message and didn’t really feel a big reaction rising in me.

Xunzi_23, neither of us knows what techore’s life experiences have included, but obviously, he is petty sensitive about what he sees as slights to his country.

Hope you both can find a way to peaceful resolution.

stevesr0

techore

Xunzi_23, neither of us knows what techore’s life experiences have included, but obviously, he is petty sensitive about what he sees as slights to his country.

stevesr0, I made a decision a long time ago to not be a member of the silent majority, therefore, when I see intolerance based on race, nationality, religion, or any of the dozen general themes of hate that plague our species, I call it out. I did not feel Zunzi_23 statement was directed at me, it wasn’t, but, again, I will not sit back and quietly watch others be hateful.

stevesr0, you have demonstrated sensitivity and emotional maturity. Thank you.

Xunzi_23

about what he sees as slights to his country.
              He is only one of millions, many of non white ethnic background and in many
              parts of usa treated worse than dogs. He has obviously never heard of the
              FIRST AMENDMENT.
              Pen-Register
              Patriot act and actual Cooper Davis Act which is not yet law but has very
              wide reaching implications.

His opinion is worth about one 340 Millionth of the general opinion of the
              american population.

PPC

Hi, I’ve been busy testing the latest antiX ISO, so I’ll only give my opinion now:

-We may or not be sensitive to what is said about our country. It also may happen to us if the person that is “talking trash” about our country is from our country.
                Example: I won’t mind if some Portuguese dude complains that Portuguese people are all lazy, but I get angry if some Foreigner (no, not the guys from “I wanna know what love is”) says that all Portuguese are lazy…

-We may not give a crap about what anyone else thinks about our country (that’s me, mostly)

-We may care greatly for out country and take as a personal offense anything bad said about our country. I’ve never been in the USA, but from what I see in the movies, news and documentaries, a great percentage of USA citizens do care greatly about their country- just take a look of the American flag, plastered all over. In Portugal, only if our football selection is playing in an International Competition, we hang a flag. The game is over? We take down our flag. You see, it’s not exactly the flag of our country, but of our football team… that also happens to be from our country…

-Some people take very seriously their privacy and do not care for States that do not give a crap about it. You can read about that in http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Eyes
                I do not like that some countries, including the USA, think that I’m a potential criminal and every single piece of metadata that I produce should be stored somewhere, for ever, just in case, you know, I decide to go visit the Capitol and blow it up.
                But… what if our political leaders are also closely under surveillance? That makes me even angrier. And yes, the USA did that, to their own allies: http://www.reuters.com/world/europe/us-security-agency-spied-merkel-other-top-european-officials-through-danish-2021-05-30/

What would you think if, for example, Russia blew up a small sized atomic bomb in Odessa, in order to make the Ukrainians surrender? That would be a war crime, right? Hum… There is only one country that used atomic bombs (plural, not just once, but twice) on cities. Guess what country was that? Do I think that everyone from that country is a war criminal? Nope, they are just people, like me.

What country has a military base in an island that belongs to another nation, against that nation’s will, and has prisoners stored there, for many years, without the right to a court, because, you know, they are not in their country, so human right laws do not apply there- yes, it’s “legal” to torture people there. Do I think that everyone from that country is an evil criminal that has no respect for human rights? No.

It’s not just the Russians that think that they can invade a country because just… well, they think the Guy ruling that country is a bad person. That happened in Iraq. Yes, the “bad person” that ruled that country was removed from office and killed like a rabid dog. “But wait! We also said we invaded that country because it had weapons that could be used against us. Lets check that out… Hum. No weapons? Sorry, our bad.”- Do you know that that means? A country got invaded illegally, for no valid reasons. We can start a war because, the person ruling another country is bad/nazi/neonazi/cristian/jew/white/black/gay/[insert your favorite target of hate here]. Guess what, any other country can also take a look at YOUR country and think: “hum… Their ruler is an evil bastard, since we are nice guys, lets take care of that problem”

All that is like an heavy thunder cloud, over that country, and many people, including it’s own citizens, think that the persons responsible for all that crap should not be ruling one of the most powerful countries in the world, since… well, the dawn of time.

Having your country criticized does not mean that you are being criticized… Historically, Portugal once ruled half the world. We were colonialist bastards. We killed, We raped, We enslaved, We stole every single precious thing we could for centuries. That’s not an opinion, that’s an historical fact. If Portugal was a person, it would have been a terrible person for some 90% of it’s life. That does not mean that all Portuguese people for the last 800 or so years were all bastards. The fact that currently USA rules half the world puts it in a very similar position to where Portugal was some 500 years ago. They should try not to repeat our mistakes…

All that said – please don’t be rude with other people, no matter how right we think we are. We are all friends here…

P.

• This reply was modified 7 months ago by PPC.
                techore

I am agreement with you, @PPC.

I am of mixed ethnicity and my family comes from all over the world. Well, Asia, Europe, UK, Africa, and the Americas. I don’t believe that I shared my nationality, but it played little to no role in my post.

I appreciate the support.

christophe

All that said – please don’t be rude with other people, no matter how right we think we are. We are all friends here…

P.

Well said.

confirmed antiX frugaler, since 2019

calciumsodium

Like @stevesr0, I read over the message from Xunzi_23 and did not take offense. That being said, all of us need to lower the temperature.

The bigger picture here is that we want to contribute to the success of the antiX operating system. Thank you.

caprea

We are all friends here…

As long as someone loves antiX, it is my friend, indeed.

christophe

A gentle remonder:

General Forum Conduct Policy

Here are some common forum rules that have been published on various sites that provide general, reasonable guidelines for forum conduct:

What are the rules for a forum?
                          No spam. All automated messages, advertisements, and links to competitor websites will be deleted immediately.

Post in relevant sub-forums only. Messages posted in the wrong topic area will be removed and placed in the correct sub-forum by moderators.

Respect other users. No

flaming

or

abusing

fellow forum members.

If one or more of these guidelines are ignored, comments may be deleted. Repeated instances of abusive language or impolite behavior may result in not only message removal. Blatant abuse will result in forum account suspension or removal.

• This reply was modified 7 months ago by christophe.

confirmed antiX frugaler, since 2019

techore

Thank you, @christophe.

In the future, I will use the “contact-us” form found at the bottom of this web page. Honestly, did not remember or see it as an option to communicate. I apologize for my role in this drama.

Have a good weekend.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.