Obsolete Firefox in repo

Forum Forums General Software Obsolete Firefox in repo

• This topic has 16 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated Apr 8-1:54 pm by Brian Masinick.
Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Robin

The only small inconvenience, was that the v111 browser started via the new menu item had lost all of the personalizations I’d done to the same browser during previous usages, when starting it from the terminal. So, I had to re-tweak all the settings I’d previously adjusted, and restore my list of collected bookmarks.

This is a wellknown firefox issue, caused by the way they treat the profiles. For some reason they create new profiles arbitrarily sometimes when starting the browser differently, e.g. from console. But you can switch back to your original profile, so you get back your original settings. Please read:
      http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/profile-manager-create-remove-switch-firefox-profiles

Windows is like a submarine. Open a window and serious problems will start.

Brian Masinick

The method I use any time I install a new distribution or manage any of my own instances of Firefox, whether it is the Released Version, Extended Support Release (ESR), Beta, Developer Edition, or Nightly Edition, I have created a Firefox account. I login to that account and provide my authentication, then I’m able in under a minute to recover the passwords and any other settings that I’ve created, regardless of the version. With this method I can have as many profiles as I wish, and not have to worry about copying them, replacing them, or managing them.

I’ve never had a problem with this method.

--
        Brian Masinick

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.