Officially off Windows!!

Forum Forums New users Welcome to antiX Officially off Windows!!

• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated Feb 2-9:18 pm by Brian Masinick.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Hello Antix!!
    Not just tinkering anymore!! officially off Windows and on Antix!!
    Man, Windows is like a bad marriage!!

Me too. Windows is not owned by the user according to EULA license.

Brian MasinickBrian Masinick

Congratulations to each of you and welcome to both “freely available software” and more specifically to antiX and to our forum.

Best wishes to you both; feel free to contribute here in any way you prefer – asking questions, sharing information you learn, or simply dropping by occasionally.

Brian Masinick

Well, I admit I’m not off Windows. I use everyday. But I love antiX and MX. Just this week I had a crash on a Vista laptop. I ended up just wiping it off the disk and installed a dual boot with MX and antiX. No more Vista! It’s a dead OS anyway. But not antiX! It’s alive and well.

Welcome,
    Seaken64

Brian MasinickBrian Masinick

I was going through “old unread” messages and I came across this one today. Now that I’m retired the only time I even SEE a computer running Windows is if I see someone else’s computer. My wife has a laptop we rarely turn on that has or had Windows on it; it’s collecting dust. If I go to a library I can use Windows, but I usually bring my own laptop and connect to their wired or wireless network. I finished my last day at a professional job in the first week of January 2018, working only a couple of days to wrap up some testing. Since then I’ve used Chromebooks a lot more – using one now in fact. The rest of the time I use a laptop with several Linux distributions and I cycle through them on a weekly basis, with 70% of the time spent in either MX Linux, Debian, or antiX, and I have more “instances” of antiX installed than any other distribution, which makes sense because the laptop is between 5-6 years old – my how time passes; I still remember getting it after it had been available almost a year – the Dell Inspiron 5558.

Brian Masinick

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.