One big reason why I do not trust in UK

Forum Forums Kafeneio Chats In a Greek kafeneio One big reason why I do not trust in UK

• This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated Aug 15-11:02 pm by fungalnet.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    ModdIt

http://www.theguardian.com/news/2018/mar/08/how-many-murders-can-a-police-informer-get-away-with

One of a number of articles which confirmed tht the Northern Ireland Crisis was in many parts a result of
      British state supported killings. Another is that the UK Conservatives want to whitewash military atrocitys.

Justice, or democratic process seems like a dead duck when it conflicts with certain interests.
      Made all the worse because UK loudly criticises many other countrys but is not sweeping its own doorstep…

fungalnet

When it comes to atrocities (official and unofficial war) the UK should the very last to speak on anyone else’s.

When ww2 was over, the very first country they invaded (within weeks) was their ww2 ally, Greece. They exterminated pretty much the entire Greek resistance military (the only military that was left during the German occupation), some say close to 30.000 people died, and the government and new military leadership was pretty much passed to the German collaborators. Of course this wasn’t directly a UK expedition but under the command and support of the US, fearing Greece may end up as another Yugoslavia or part of it.

The Greek mistake was counting on support from the USSR to fight their war against US/UK, and Stalin sold them out cheap.

I was so inspired as a youngster by the Irish struggle I named my daughter Iris 😉

In recent years I had the luck to meet a few people who lived this war as kids, and one of the stories I heard was that in several spots in Athens where there is distant visibility, while the Brits had ordered a curfew, and knew people were starving, they would set in crossroads boxes with food/medical supplies, recognizable by far as such. They would place snipers at a safe distance and execute anyone who dared to make a run for them. People were so desperate they would allow kids to make a run because they were small as targets and move fast. A few of the story tellers’ school friends died attempting such runs.

But let’s not be racist, it is not the people of Britain, it is the war capitalist colonial machine that makes up that evil power. The British workers were nearing a revolution when WW2 broke out. How convenient for the establishment. The British establishment was as cruel and inhumane against colonial populations as they were on their own workers.

The world would be much poorer if it wasn’t for British comedy, so we owe some gratitude.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1LyFWw0jwk
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-N6xtvZHwBM
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z70BKwfSUA

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by fungalnet.
        Brian Masinick

I’m sorry to add that there are atrocities committed in most, if not all, cultures. I love the country in which I live, which is the United States of America. There are many good people here, and there are many good things that take place here. Nevertheless, there are the rich, the poor, this race, that race, this faction, that faction, good and bad, just like anywhere else.

Our friends to the south in South America are often the “victims” of our over zealous consumption. I think fondly of my friends in Brazil. There are many kind, intelligent, compassionate people there. I’m sure that there are a few highly successful people there, but I have the sense and the suspicion that they are the minority; there is probably a large percentage of people who get by with very little, and the people from wealthy nations TAKE from the produce of these wonderful people.

I just want to say that not ALL the people in the USA, UK, Russia, China, India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Japan… (you name the place) are at odds with one another. Just before retirement, I worked alongside people who were originally from a variety of different nations. From a political standpoint, we all would be at odds or against one another, but I found another thing: at least for me, personally, I found it enjoyable and encouraging to meet and work with so many different people from different regions, cultures, ethnic, physical and religious differences. Though *different* in many ways, the job was INTERESTING – mostly BECAUSE of our differences. To me, differences are not a threat to me; they are a blessing.

I hope that we can be an encouragement to one another as we express ourselves by taking one common distribution and do a LOT of different things with it, and that instead of expressing hostility toward one another, we embrace the fact that we can use our interests and creativity in so many different, yet useful ways.

--
          Brian Masinick

ModdIt

instead of expressing hostility toward one another, I was sent to run around Belfast with a gun in my hands 3 days after bloody sunday.

The post I made was not about hostility to each other, it is that more than thirty years after states are encouraging, supporting and arming
            terrorists as individuals and organisations.

Who trained AlQuaida, forerunner of ISS. Who Assads killers, I want to puke more than I can eat, i am lucky I survived, many others are crippled
            mentaly and often physicaly.

I at no point say all are bad, pls stop gaslighting. It is about waking up not about individuals, as fungalnet has obvoiusly understood.

fungalnet

I agree with Brian’s pacifism, there should be no hostility among people of the same class.

All hostility should be diverted to the ruling class.

Brian Masinick

I agree with Brian’s pacifism, there should be no hostility among people of the same class.

All hostility should be diverted to the ruling class.

If we have any hostility at all, it should be for the primary intention of offering protection and safety for those unable to secure it for themselves.
                The powerful, particularly the very rich, are likely to remain that way; it’s not easy to topple those in power; it might be possible, but at what cost?
                Occasionally it is worth it, but again, we have to “count the cost” and “consider the consequences. Many lives are certain to be lost in any conflict.
                Revolutions can work, sometimes they are necessary, but I’m not a big fan of that. Personal, individual sacrifice is often sufficient to aide those in need and the many good people of the world can accomplish much more by helping others in their own circle of influence. The bad guys will eventually meet their own demise, whether through their own greed, gluttony, or cultural shift.

My own country, based on enormous debt and other issues, is at a historical tipping point. The great nations of history have typically lasted anywhere from 200-400 years. The one I’m in MIGHT survive my generation, but if it lasts another generation, I’d be surprised; the next powers are already showing signs of development; I foresee a changing regime in the 2000 – 2100 time-frame.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by Brian Masinick.

--
                Brian Masinick

fungalnet

it’s not easy to topple those in power; it might be possible, but at what cost?

The question that is never broadcasted by the elite’s media is:
                  At what cost to us are they staying in power?
                  Millions, if not billions, of lives in misery due to their greed!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.