Open Source Mail and Webmail Providers

Forum Forums General Software Open Source Mail and Webmail Providers

• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated Mar 3-8:04 am by Xunzi_23.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Xunzi_23

In a very recent DW Review Jesse praised an advertizers software, warp(ed Terminal) you can not even
      try it without registering..warped review did not state the company is an ad partner.

Anyways in reader comment Jesse also wrote
      chances are you use other software every day that requires you to be on-line and that isn’t open source. Any web-based email service, your bank’s website, tax return software, a weather app?
      All of those would fall under the same umbrella.

Seems he has never looked at a small number of mail providers which do best they can to be private and are running open source software.

One such provider that does not require an invitation is Disroot.org
      Disroot webmail solution is powered by Roundcube, a free and open source webmail software.

You get one main and 2 alias addresses, not a lot of space and NO commercial usage allowed. That seems to mean no purely commercial usage as it is occasionally very hard to separate commercial and private.

Immediately available aliases are username@disr.it or username@getgoogleoff.me I prefer the latter.

My experience so far has been so good that I have become a donor to disroot.

How the org describes its services.
      Disroot is a platform providing online services based on principles of freedom, privacy, federation and decentralization. No tracking, no ads, no profiling, no data mining!

Totally the opposite to many other better known providers and to me very fitting for an antiX user.

Posts pointing to any other such providers which do not require in invitation welcome.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.