Openbox users group

Forum Forums General Software Openbox users group

This topic contains 35 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by fungalnet Mar 25-9:03 am.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    skidoo

from [...] netinstall and core releases
    You can quickly achieve a satisfactory result by starting with the antiX 17.1base version instead of the “intended for experts” core/netinstall versions.
    While running the LiveUSB+persistence, you can install openbox, edit /etc/slim.conf (and /usr/share/slim/slim/template ), purge any unwanted applications
    then save persistence and/or install to hard drive.

burnt noodle

from [...] netinstall and core releases
    You can quickly achieve a satisfactory result by starting with the antiX 17.1base version instead of the “intended for experts” core/netinstall versions.
    While running the LiveUSB+persistence, you can install openbox, edit /etc/slim.conf (and /usr/share/slim/slim/template ), purge any unwanted applications
    then save persistence and/or install to hard drive.

Well, I’ve actually just tried the base system…added Openbox (and a few applications), and it’s running great. Still a bit confused about the netinstall and core. I’ve done many Debian/Devuan .netinstalls in the past, and have had no issues. Still, I sincerely don’t mean that as a cut toward antiX…please believe that. I’m just a bit confused as to the difference. 🙂 My goal was to has a systemd-less system with only Openbox. However, I’m happy to use what I have now. Long live antiX!

nonico

Hello! I’ve recently installed antiX 17.1 (testing) with Openbox on my 32 bit computer. I can’t begin to imagine what all has gone into this. This laptop is 12 years old, but it’s now booting up at 54 MBs of RAM! W…O…W…!!! I haven’t seen anything like this except for SliTaz (which booted up at 48 MBs of RAM). After much searching, I’ve finally found what I’m looking for, and it’s antiX with Openbox! Thank you! I’ll try to post a screenshot soon to show that it’s actually using the RAM that I claim…when I find the “screenshots” forum. Until then, I bow to anticapitalista, marvel at his work, and thank him for all that he’s doing to provide a debian-based system that’s free of systemd.

…now where’s that stinkin’ donate button? 🙂

fungalnet
    fungalnet

Tell us, how did you find out about anti-x and what took you so long?
    😛

nonico

Tell us, how did you find out about anti-x and what took you so long?
    😛

It’s a long story, but here goes…

Tell me, O muse, of that ingenious hero who travelled far and wide after he had sacked the famous town of Troy. Many cities did he visit, and many were the nations with whose manners…

Oops, that’s “The Odyssey” by Homer…wrong story. :p

My good friend fungalnet (you may know him) kept stirring my interest in antiX. So I finally decided to try it…twice. To make a long story short, I’ve been completely antiXified now. 🙂

fungalnet
    fungalnet

So a new iso from you?
    I can’t wait

• This reply was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by anticapitalista. Reason: removed some content as requested by nonico
Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.