Other distros for old computers?

Forum Forums General Other Distros Other distros for old computers?

• This topic has 35 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated Apr 6-1:50 pm by fatmac.
Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    fatmac

Another possibility, Devuan/XFCE, (comes in 32bit or 64bit) – I was running it in a 2GB ram, 1.2GHz dual core thin client, from an M2 16GB SSD, & using Firefox online… 🙂

Linux (& BSD) since 1999
      Ultra Small Form Factor & thin client computers

madibi

Adelie linux, little known, is a French and very light distro.
        I tried it on a HP core 2 from 2008, 2 Gram, because I had to revive a powerpc Mac from 1999.
        I was really impressed from how low is the footprint after idle: the version desktop with kde was < 230Mram.
        Then the old PowerPC didn’arrive and for me to learn something really new it is too complicate.

So I gave up and promised myself to re-approach this distro after the 1st release non beta.
        m

Brian Masinick

“But antiX is much easier to actually USE without having to be an Linux expert.”

Precisely! That is exactly why antiX went from being one of many fine distributions I use to one of the few FAVORITE ones I use and prefer to use regularly.

--
          Brian Masinick

PDP-8

And because we’re FOSS friendly, how about an OpenBSD usb-stick. Fuguita. Nice docs. Good for a quick hardware check or just a fun project. Distributed as an iso, but also as a compressed .img. The dev did a nice job!

https://fuguita.org/

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 4 days ago by PDP-8.
            Brian Masinick

And because we’re FOSS friendly, how about an OpenBSD usb-stick. Fuguita. Nice docs. Good for a quick hardware check or just a fun project. Distributed as an iso, but also as a compressed .img. The dev did a nice job!

https://fuguita.org/

Very interesting project!

--
              Brian Masinick

fatmac

Just recently installed Void (XFCE) to one of my HP T520 thin clients, (1.2GHz dual core, 4GB ram, 16GB M2 SSD), works well. 🙂

Linux (& BSD) since 1999
                Ultra Small Form Factor & thin client computers

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.