[Solved] Palemoon Installation

Forum Forums New users New Users and General Questions [Solved] Palemoon Installation

• This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated Nov 26-1:04 pm by greyowl.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

I am running antiX 17. I am wanting to install Palemoon browser.

There are two methods:
    -using the antiX Package installer which has version 27.6.0 (I am not aware of how often Synaptic Package Manager will update it)
    -using the Palemoon Installer from their website which delivers the updated version 27.6.1 and enables easy updates in the future

My preference is to use the Palemoon Installer which I have used successfully in the past.
    However, I am wanting advice on which method is best to use from the system point of view and future functioning. Or, is it just a personal preference and doesn’t really matter.

Also, how soon does Synaptic update Palemoon when a new version becomes available?

• This topic was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by greyowl.

Dell Latitude D610 laptop with antiX 19.3 (32 bit)
    Dell Latitude D620 laptop with antiX 19.3 (64 bit)

Forum Admin
    rokytnjirokytnji

Also, how soon does Synaptic update Palemoon when a new version becomes available?

Probably by adding this repo to your sources.list

https://forum.mxlinux.org/viewtopic.php?f=134&t=43221

But I am just guessing. Because my seamonkey installs update automatically during dist-upgrade in AntiX 15 and 16.2 and I installed it through through the control center package installer. Not synaptic.

Sometimes I drive a crooked road to get my mind straight.
    Not all who Wander are Lost.
    I'm not outa place. I'm from outer space.

Linux Registered User # 475019
    How to Search for AntiX solutions to your problems

Forum Admin
    anticapitalistaanticapitalista

Palemoon in the antiX repo is currently 27.6.0 as you state. The new version only has minor bugfixes, but I’ll upload to our repos when I have time (which is the answer to your question how soon does Synaptic update Palemoon when a new version becomes available)

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

Thanks for the information.

One more question: If I use the Palemoon Installer initially, will PM update when a new version is available when I later do sudo apt-get dist-upgrade?

Forum Admin
    anticapitalistaanticapitalista

Thanks for the information.

One more question: If I use the Palemoon Installer initially, will PM update when a new version is available when I later do sudo apt-get dist-upgrade?

No it won’t.

BTW I just uploaded the latest version to the antiX repos. It should show up soon.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

Thank you for the help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.