PCinfo not working + blanking not working

Forum Forums Official Releases antiX-17 “Heather Heyer” PCinfo not working + blanking not working

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by noClue Feb 3-11:27 am.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    roland
    roland

PC information replies ‘nothing selected’ whatever is selected and ‘ok’ sent
    screen blanking cannot be changed from 0 (no blanking)

32bit acer travelmate laptop very ancient and slow but right up to date.
    They worked fine on Berta Caceres 16.3

caprea
    caprea

Yes, they also work in antiX17, maybe a little different.
    For PC information you have to click on the circle,not on the line, did you ?

Did you turn the screenblanking on ?

roland
    roland

You are quite right, but I cannot see the circles or sliders due to a total lack of contrast using the default colour scheme. This is an old laptop with a poor screen but far from unusable. I can guess where the circles are on the PC-info screen but still have not located the slider for screen blanking.

I do not really understand why such cosmetic changes are made as AntiX rolls forwards. There seems to be no usability nor functionality justification at times.

Thanks anyway.

skidoo

I cannot see the circles or sliders due to a total lack of contrast using the default colour scheme

So, click “lxappearance” and select something other than the default theme.

I do not really understand why such cosmetic changes are made as AntiX rolls forwards.

if antiX ships identical themefiles next version, they may wind up rendering differently due to changes in the underlying GTK // Qt theming engines.

By participating during version release betatesting, your feedback will be helpful toward choosing a more universally suitable default theme.

noClue
    noClue

I cannot see the circles or sliders due to a total lack of contrast using the default color scheme.

You could try this and see if helps.
    Just like original, but better.

Attachments:
    1. Arc-EvoPro2.zip

How strange is to be anything at all. (Alice in Wonderland)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.