Plank on Fluxbox or IceWM doesn’t work properly

Forum Forums New users Welcome to antiX Plank on Fluxbox or IceWM doesn’t work properly

• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated Nov 27-2:18 am by madibi.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Hi all, the more I try Antis, the most I like it.
    In reality the learning curve is a bit too hard for a 65 years old guy, but I am very passionate!
    Please I show youo my “inxi”:
    CPU: Dual Core Intel 2140 (-MCP-) speed/min/max: 1600/1200/1600 MHz
    Kernel: 4.9.193-antix.1-486-smp i686 Up: 22m Mem: 642.6/2005.7 MiB (32.0%)
    Storage: 768.20 GiB (35.0% used) Procs: 165 Shell: bash 5.0.3 inxi: 3.0.36
    Antix 19, 32 bit.
    I installed Plank and the 1st problem is that 2 features don’t work (the transparent Theme, and the increase of the icons’ dimension when I hover it).
    After a bit of google I found out that I need to install also xcompmgr, and after that the dock works exactly as I want. In reality I found a little problem that I couldn’t find anywhere: around the dock, for a rectangular area larger around 5 mm, the click of the mouse doesn’t work at all. For example: if I am in Thunderbird and I write a mail, in case I need to push a button in the over mentioned area, nothing works.

This issue does not take place in JWM.
    So I shifted to that WM, so my prob has a solution (also if I prefer fluxbox), but something that doesn’t work exist.

Can someone give me an answer? (and eventually help me to go back to fluxbox 🙂 )

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.