Please report any additional forum issues

Forum Forums Official Releases antiX-21/22 “Grup Yorum” Please report any additional forum issues

• This topic has 61 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated Jan 26-12:55 am by Brian Masinick.
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 62 total)
  • Author
    caprea
      Helpful
      Up
      ::

There was a short outage two minutes ago
      a 503 Service Unavailable error

andfree
        Helpful
        Up

There was a not very short outage about two hours ago (503 Service Unavailable error).

• This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by andfree.
        oops
          Helpful
          Up

Like for the MX forum (since several months), I have now to use a VPN to go to the antiX forum too. (from my area)

What happening ?

If not, I have this error (without the VPN) :
          “Forbidden
          You don’t have permission to access this resource.
          Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.”

caprea
            Helpful
            Up

@Oops, I looked in the spam filter and there have been several posts of yours from today which I whitelisted (complaining about “you send forms to often”). They have already been sent with a VPN, so the original error which you mentioned above does not seem to end up here in the spam filter.
            Following the problems you had with the MX forum some month ago,it is annoying that this is now also the case here.
            I wonder if it would help, if it is possible for you, to change the IP in the router, or have you already tried that?

oops
              Helpful
              Up

@Oops, I looked in the spam filter and there have been several posts of yours from today which I whitelisted (complaining about “you send forms to often”). They have already been sent with a VPN, so the original error which you mentioned above does not seem to end up here in the spam filter.
              Following the problems you had with the MX forum some month ago,it is annoying that this is now also the case here.
              I wonder if it would help, if it is possible for you, to change the IP in the router, or have you already tried that?

Yes, it is annoying, and I do not like using a VPN all the time.

For info: I can not change my IP router (changing my IP public is not allowed by my provider – Free)

So no solution for the moment.

stevesr0
                Helpful
                Up

hi oops,

does the public ip address change automatically if you connect your computer directly to the modem?

stevesr0

oops
                  Helpful
                  Up

Hi stevesr0,

I have a FreeBox and my IP public is static (always the same). (so I have to contact my provider, or change the provider … annoying too)

techore
                    Helpful
                    Up

Asking again. Are Private Messages disabled or is my account broken?

Brian Masinick
                      Helpful
                      Up

I see PM disabled.

Brian
                      Or "The Mas"

sybok
                        Helpful
                        Up

Mon Jan 23 07:16:32 PM CET 2023: 1) PM disabled. 2) Reload requires confirmation.
                        Regarding 1): The web-page https://www.antixforum.com/front-end-pm/ displays

Front End PM

[front-end-pm]

in the body (disregarding the usual top and bottom parts, the former with “Forum”, “Quick news” etc. and the latter with copyright).

Brian Masinick
                          Helpful
                          Up

I inquired about the PM tool. We disabled it to improve the forum behavior and it’s been working better without the previous PM plugin. I did ask our webmaster if there are any alternatives for us to consider. If yes it might be possible to put a replacement in place. Getting rid of the previous tool and the search capability really helped.

Regarding search I used an external Duck Duck go search today and was able to locate a specific topic post on the forum so that’s a viable alternative to forum search. Perhaps we could use an antiX specific social media site for private messaging – there’s an antiX Facebook group; maybe people can message one another there as an interim work around.

Brian
                          Or "The Mas"

techore
                            Helpful
                            Up

Brian, thank you for the update.

Not my decision but I don’t use Facebook. I’ve seen too many privacy and security issues with it over the years to adopt it at this late date.

Push to come, I’ll post a message here to have you to updates posts marked solved 🙂

I’ve actually got one to mark solved but missed placed it. Ugh

Brian Masinick
                              Helpful
                              Up

@techore: I understand your concerns and such matters are decisions and choices each of us makes based on our concerns, interests and convictions.

Brian
                              Or "The Mas"

Robin
                                Helpful
                                Up

Yes, just like techore I also won’t ever use facebook or whatever flavour of these fenced internet communication bubbles. There are free and truly privacy respecting alternatives available for collaboration of groups, e.g. IRC, which is present on antiX by default by means of Hexchat. We even provide a multilanguage translator plugin for Hexchat, so people of different tongue can easily communicate in real time, reading and writing in their native language always.

based on our concerns, interests and convictions.

It’s not about concerns or convictions, but about background knowledge what these so called „social“ media companies actually do with all the data you hand them over freely, simply by using them.

Windows is like a submarine. Open a window and serious problems will start.

Xunzi_23
                                  Helpful
                                  Up

Facebook, for me also an absolute no go.

That disgusting company was until some time ago uploading
                                  all contact phone numbers from any users phone to servers in USA.
                                  Maybe other data too.

Personal opinion is it should be banished from EU along with several
                                  other US companys.

Unlikely that will happen as 5 eyes spy on each other and pass on
                                  obtained data to get around any inconvenient data protection laws.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 62 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.