Report forum issues

Forum Forums Official Releases antiX-21/22 “Grup Yorum” Report forum issues

• This topic has 93 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated Sep 29-5:47 pm by Brian Masinick.
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 94 total)
  • Author
    Brian Masinick

I inquired about the PM tool. We disabled it to improve the forum behavior and it’s been working better without the previous PM plugin. I did ask our webmaster if there are any alternatives for us to consider. If yes it might be possible to put a replacement in place. Getting rid of the previous tool and the search capability really helped.

We are testing the PM tool and it is currently available. Please feel free to test it actively.
      As long as the forum remains up and stable, it will remain. Unfortunately the last time we brought it back it seemed to cause
      forum instability; we’re hoping that with all the other changes, keeping the PM available may work; test it out and let’s give
      it some work so we know whether it’ll affect the forum or not. Thanks!

--
      Brian Masinick

Brian Masinick

PM Will be turned off to maintain server performance.

--
        Brian Masinick

stevesr0

Just now (Eastern U.S. time 1701 on Sunday 5 Feb), several brief 503s.

stevesr0

Brian Masinick

Just now (Eastern U.S. time 1701 on Sunday 5 Feb), several brief 503s.

stevesr0

I’m still suspicious of network storms, sudden mass intrusions specifically intended to halt and interrupt forum activities. I don’t know why but we’re targeted significantly more than our MX Linux friends because I have participated in a conversation with their moderator(s) and our webmaster and we are apparently a target. Why, we have no idea.

The changes we’ve made have improved restart times and they’re automatically performed when the site loses service. Hopefully it takes not much more than two minutes to recover.

--
            Brian Masinick

fungalnet

Forum alternative, reddit is not, but it is a good catchall for those who never make it here and sincerely want to be part of the community.

Please advise this fellow antiXer on what to do if you have a reddit acct.

http://www.reddit.com/r/antiXLinux/comments/13jy9a3/how_to_change_default_global_path_variable/

>> PS The best place to ask such questions would be the antiX forum where there are plenty of active experienced antiX users. This place here doesn’t seem to get as much attention .. yet?

> Strong-Ambassador792
              > I tried to register in antix forum but it says:

> “Spam protection*** Forbidden. Your IP belongs to a high spam risk network. ***”

Out of curiosity it is a fairly large and popular ISP in India

May ma-Kali be with you all

Robin

Please don’t use slashes in the Tags field. This causes any followup answers to get blocked not being published at all by the board, without any error message.

Example: I found
                /etc/hostname, /etc/hosts, hosts, hostname, change antiX hostname
                present in the tags field of the thread about hostname change in antiX. No answer was possible until I removed the two tags containing slashes.

I guess this issue blocks postings not only for me from being answered.

Example: Try answering this thread (without modifying the tag line):
                https://www.antixforum.com/forums/topic/tag-test/

You need to remove all the slashes from the tag field first, only then your answer will get published.

Windows is like a submarine. Open a window and serious problems will start.

fungalnet

Did anyone try to help this guy out so he can convey the issues he had with his installation?

https://www.antixforum.com/forums/topic/please-report-any-additional-forum-issues/page/5/#post-107078

Desert_Dweller

I received a 403 error and some page saying there was suspicious activity after I performed and edit on a post.

May 21st 23:13 CST

Cheers

mcpderez

The forum software renders two consecutive hyphens as a combined “en dash” and three consecutive hyphens as a combined “em dash”. While it’s not great that it does this in body text, it’s really bad that it does it even inside of CODE blocks as this can make it difficult to see how to enter options to commands:

1: -
                      2: --
                      3: ---

Edit: Well, er, it didn’t do it that time, but I am pretty sure my double hyphens were swallowed up in a post in the last few days. Let’s try it outside of CODE blocks:

1: –
                      2: —
                      3: —

• This reply was modified 9 months, 2 weeks ago by mcpderez.
                      • This reply was modified 9 months, 2 weeks ago by mcpderez. Reason: Testing forum behavior
                      Robin

it’s really bad that it does it even inside of CODE blocks as this can make it difficult to see how to enter options to commands:

For me the display within code block is fine, there are one – two – three clearly separated dashes. maybe your browser messes things up for you?

In the text body the dashes melt together as you’ve described. Not really needed, since this can be achieved by using AltGR and Ctrl+AltGR slash key combinations as well, but I believe it’s probably not worth to take much time to rewrite the standard software for this.

Windows is like a submarine. Open a window and serious problems will start.

AE_012

No problem

• This reply was modified 9 months, 1 week ago by AE_012.
                          seriousness

In Pale Moon 32.2.0, “Search Forums” is not working. I posted this in Pale Moon forum and Moonchild told it will work in 32.3 .

Now I noticed the same issue in antiX’ “current” Firefox 111.0.1 , so it would be good to update it to 114 .

• This reply was modified 8 months, 3 weeks ago by seriousness.
                            caprea

In Pale Moon 32.2.0, “Search Forums” is not working

Same in firefox-esr or opera,probably a forum issue.The search is also missing from the drop down menu under “Forum”.
                              Does it work on Firefox 114 ?

• This reply was modified 8 months, 3 weeks ago by caprea.
                              Brian Masinick

http://duckduckgo.com/?q=site%3Aantixforum.com+search+%22Digital+Clock%22&hps=1&atb=v344-1&ia=web

or site:antixforum.com search “Digital Clock”

--
                                Brian Masinick

Brian Masinick

That was an example – in the example, I visited duckduckgo.com,
                                  typed in site:antixforum.com search “Digital Clock”
                                  and the primary result just happened to be a hobby – writing Digital Clock scripts in various script languages.

--
                                  Brian Masinick

Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 94 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.