poll: Have you visited without-systemd.org ?

Forum Forums General Polls poll: Have you visited without-systemd.org ?

Have you visited the without-systemd.org website?

You must be logged in to participate.
  • No (never)
  • Yes (once, maybe... quite a while ago)
  • Yes, and I periodically revisit
  • Yes, and I'm among the 230+ people who have contributed to editing the wiki

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by skidoo Mar 25-1:35 pm.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

skidoo

MainPage has accumulated more than 1.5 million views, but I’ve wondered how many “views” are just searchbot indexer revisits.

screenshot: stats
    stats source: http://without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/Special:Statistics

Forum Admin
    rokytnji
    rokytnji

Had to vote no. !st time I have become aware of this.

Beer, Bikes, and BBQ. It's what we do
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    How to Search for AntiX solutions to your problems

ile
    ile

hello skidoo
    Never.
    did find //sysdfree.wordpress.com and thought it might be worth a visit periodically.

skidoo

To me, the MainPage view count is less remarkable than the #2.
    326,000+ readings of “How To Remove…” is remarkable.

At the distrowatch “More statistics” page, I have noticed an uptick trend in interest toward non-systemd distributions
    across the past 12 months, but I haven’t tracked (kept an eye on) the view counts for individual without-systemd.org over time.

When contributing edits to the section titled “Free and Open-Source (FOSS) operating systems without systemd in the default installation
    I’ve repeatedly felt a bit conflicted ~~ folks have added listings for projects like “VuuDo” (devuan + refractatools + wallpaper)
    which, arguably, are just “respins”. Presenting those to readers (who will likely clicktru, mutter “WTF?” and bail) seems like a disservice.

Historically (across nearly 5 years now), the listing has been presented as an “all comers welcome” level playing field.
    I would be rocking the boat — but I feel that doing so is long overdue — in changing to a more carefully curated format.
    Chunking the list, to distinguish the true “distributions” from the “toy projects” seems preferable to sending readers goosechasing dead-ends.
    If a given project doesn’t have a website and/or wiki, doesn’t maintain it own repos, doesn’t have a user support forum (or, blechh, a mailinglist)…

On the other hand (meaning, trying to “see both sides” regarding the prospective change), I’ve added several “puppy variants”
    (more accurately “derivatives of”) to the list. Although FatDog64, (and FatDog ARM!) maintain their own repos, have documentation website…
    …in the eyes of many casual readers, those probably come across as “non-viable dead-ends”.

skidoo

ticktock

a

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.