Post Preview/Post replies

Forum Forums Administration Site Help Post Preview/Post replies

• This topic has 9 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated Dec 1-3:54 am by fatmac.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    partsmanpartsman

Hello all
    So far things on this new forum have been working well for me.
    However “and I think someone mentioned it somewhere else here”

1: Is there a way to preview a post before it is submitted ?

2: It would be nice if on user login there was a “view your posts” and “view posts since last visit”

With that said these are merely suggestions !

Who knows maybe there is a way and I am not sure how to do it ! LOL ! 🙂

Anyone can build a fast processor. The trick is to build a fast system. (Seymour Cray)

cyrilus31cyrilus31

You can go to Forums > Views > Latest Topics and there you will see posts you still not read in orange.

That’s not exactly a “view posts since last visit” functionnality but that seems the closest.

Forum Admin
    rokytnjirokytnji

1: Is there a way to preview a post before it is submitted ? 2: It would be nice if on user login there was a “view your posts” and “view posts since last visit”

Nope.We spent weeks dialing this place in before opening it. Better minds with more experience than I , with setting up forums were involved also.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by rokytnji.

Sometimes I drive a crooked road to get my mind straight.
    Not all who Wander are Lost.
    I'm not outa place. I'm from outer space.

Linux Registered User # 475019
    How to Search for AntiX solutions to your problems

capreacaprea

When you are logged in and click on your own name under

Currently 5 users and 12 guests online

you can see a page with “Topics started”and “Replies created”

To get to this page is not possible under “Howdy partsman” , don’t know why.

cyrilus31cyrilus31

@roky : a plugin like this one may not be the solution? I don’t know how a wordpress forum works so it is maybe a stupid suggestion…

Forum Admin
    rokytnjirokytnji

@roky : a plugin like this one may not be the solution? I don’t know how a wordpress forum works so it is maybe a stupid suggestion…

Wordpress likes to charge money to use their plugins. Our small teams money war chest already purchased what can be afforded. Anti in particular is donating money to run this forum.

Not a stupid question. Just not affordable.

OK. I replied before reading your link. My bad. Before installing that plugin. Another consideration may be compatibility with our forum.

Sorry but that is above my pay grade < PS. I work for free. So that aint saying much > on whether it fits in with our version of word press.

Sometimes I drive a crooked road to get my mind straight.
    Not all who Wander are Lost.
    I'm not outa place. I'm from outer space.

Linux Registered User # 475019
    How to Search for AntiX solutions to your problems

Forum Admin
    anticapitalistaanticapitalista

I installed the plugin but it gave an error on installation. I then removed it.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

partsmanpartsman

Hello All 🙂
    @cyrilus31 & @caprea Thanks for the info ! As it is of some good help ! 😉

@rokytnji Believe me I wouldn’t even know where to begin to make a forum ! LMAO !
    I was just thinking out loud 😉 This forum has been great so far !
    Really enjoying the whole AntiX experience 🙂

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by partsman.

Anyone can build a fast processor. The trick is to build a fast system. (Seymour Cray)

mrootmroot

My understanding is there is no “preview post” option for the current forum. If this is true I think I have a work around. If admins could create a new header similar to “News”, “New Users”, “Adminstration”, etc. and instead call it “Drafts” or “Preview Posts”. You could then post to “Drafts”, look at the post and then make your corrections using the “edit” option. When the post looks good you can then move the post to the appropriate header using the “edit” option again. I tested being able to move posts from one header to another and it works. So would be possible to do this?

-mroot

fatmacfatmac

I think you you would be just as well off writing it in an editor, checking it, copy it into a reply, then posting.

Linux (& BSD) since 1999

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.