Problem with apostrophe/Accent

Forum Forums Official Releases antiX-19 “Marielle Franco” Problem with apostrophe/Accent

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by rikardfvs Nov 8-1:14 am.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    rikardfvs

Hi!

I use Antix 19 on a HP Elitebook 2530p. I have a problem with writing an “é” (or any other letter with an accent). If I press the key usually used to do that – which waits for you to add the letter you want the accent attached to) I immediately get the resultat “´” – so the only possible result when adding a letter is “´e” and not “é”.

I have tried changing the keyboard layout but it seems to follow any layout I choose. It follows all program I use too.

I use Swedish as the language connected to the keyboard, but English_GB as the language in Locale. Don´t know if this has any relevance at all.

/Rikard

UPDATE: Same problem with “¨” and “^”. Will not be on top of letters.

• This topic was modified 1 week ago by rikardfvs. Reason: More words
    • This topic was modified 1 week ago by rikardfvs.
    Forum Admin
    anticapitalista
    anticapitalista

Don’t know how the accents work on a Swedish keyboard, but for my Greek one I have to use a ; before the vowel eg έ

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

rikardfvs

No, generally these key would be silent the first time you press them, and then add the accent when you press the next letter. I will continue to try different things. Don´t need that function right now.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.