PROBLEM WITH CMST CONNMAN SERVICE!

Forum Forums New users New Users and General Questions PROBLEM WITH CMST CONNMAN SERVICE!

• This topic has 3 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated Mar 10-4:28 am by olsztyn.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Rento18

I am writing to you to ask about a recurring problem that I encounter when starting the antiX23 Linux operating system. Each time, an error message is presented by the ConnMan connection manager, indicating the inability to create a graphical interface. To solve this problem, I need to restart the service manually, after which the wifi connection works properly. However, this procedure is repeated every time I log in. Is there any permanent solution to this problem that you can recommend?

• This topic was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by Rento18.
      • This topic was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by Rento18.
      Attachments:
      Forum Admin
      rokytnji

You could try reinstalling conman using antix package installer.

I don’t have your problem but I md5sum every check antiX iso I download before I put it on usb and then I let it do the media
        check before the installer runs.

How about you post a

inxi -Fxz

So members here can get idea on what you are running.

• This reply was modified 2 months, 3 weeks ago by rokytnji.

Sometimes I drive a crooked road to get my mind straight.
        I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute off it.
        Motorcycle racing is rocket science.

Linux Registered User # 475019
        How to Search for AntiX solutions to your problems

marcelocripe

Hello Rento18.

Welcome to antiX Linux and the Forum.

I don’t know how to write in English and I send my texts translated by the internet translator. I hope you can understand everything. If your native language is not English, please translate my original Brazilian Portuguese text directly into your language with the help of internet translators and you will get a much better result.

Please read my real welcome in the Welcome to antiX Linux and the forum (antiX 23) and Welcome to antiX Linux and the forum (antiX 19, 21 and 22) thread.

Please learn how to ask for help here on the antiX forum by reading the threads I linked in my real welcome. Please note that there are 3 editions of antiX from series 19, 21 or 22 and 23 that have technical support in this forum. Each edition has 4 ISO images (full, base, net and core) on two different boot system types, SyVinit and Runit. If my sum is not wrong, at the present date there are about 32 different types of operating systems. That’s why you need to learn how to ask for help here on the antiX forum.

marcelocripe
          (Original text in Brazilian Portuguese language)

– – – – –

Olá, Rento18.

Seja bem-vindo(a) ao antiX Linux e ao fórum.

Eu não sei escrever em idioma Inglês e envio os meus textos traduzidos pelo tradutor da internet. Eu espero que você consiga compreender tudo. Se o seu idioma nativo não for o Inglês, por favor, traduza o meu texto original em Português no Brasil diretamente para o seu idioma com a ajuda dos tradutores da internet que você obterá um resultado muito melhor.

Por favor, leia a minha verdadeira boas-vindas no tópico Seja bem-vindo (a) ao antiX Linux e ao fórum (antiX 23) e Seja bem-vindo (a) ao antiX Linux e ao fórum (antiX 19, 21 e 22).

Por favor, aprenda a pedir ajuda aqui no fórum do antiX lendo os tópicos que eu indiquei na minha verdadeira boas-vindas. Saiba que existem 3 edições do antiX, das séries 19, 21 ou 22 e 23 que possuem suporte técnico neste fórum. Cada edição possui 4 imagens ISOs (full, base, net e core) em dois tipos de sistema de inicialização diferentes, o SyVinit e o Runit. Se a minha soma não estiver errada, na presente data são cerca de 32 tipos diferentes de sistema operacionais. É por isso que você precisa aprender a pedir ajuda aqui no fórum do antiX.

marcelocripe
          (Texto original em idioma Português do Brasil)

olsztyn

Each time, an error message is presented by the ConnMan connection manager, indicating the inability to create a graphical interface. To solve this problem, I need to restart the service manually, after which the wifi connection works properly. However, this procedure is repeated every time I log in. Is there any permanent solution to this problem that you can recommend?

There is a solution to this issue (I also had this issue on some of my laptops sometimes). It was posted in this forum on November 18, 2023 by @abc-nix.
            Just quoting from my database a fragment of that post from @abc-nix:

You will be adding an instruction in the slimski runit service to try and start dbus and connman before it starts the graphical system. It may lead to an extra 1 second delay, but hopefully it forces connman to start before the graphical environment.

sudo xdg-open /etc/sv/slimski/run
            Before the language is set (#Load Language code), we will ask the runit service manager to first start dbus and connman. It should look like this:

# Start elogind first (optional) – Don’t start
            # sv start elogind && sv check elogind || true
            # Start dbus and connman before slimski
            sv start dbus || true
            sv start connman && sv check connman || true
            # Load language code
            Save and hopefully connman will always start before the graphical environment.

I recommend to read that post in it’s entirety but the above fragment contains what you need to fix it.
            I would provide a link here but search of this forum does not seem to work for me…

• This reply was modified 2 months, 2 weeks ago by olsztyn.

Live antiX Boot Options (Previously posted by Xecure):
            http://antixlinuxfan.miraheze.org/wiki/Table_of_antiX_Boot_Parameters

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.