(SOLVED) problems with installed minimal GUI

Forum Forums News Sid Upgraders (SOLVED) problems with installed minimal GUI

• This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated Feb 19-6:44 pm by stevesr0.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi all,

I had a CLI install of Sid for several months and yesterday “upgraded” to a minimal GUI install, using Openbox, tint2, feh, uxterm and leafpad.

I tried to install Firefox and (when that failed) Chromium as browsers, but aptitude said that three packages would have to be removed (elogind, liblogind0 and libpam-elogind) and 12 (i386) packages installed.

The three packages seem necessary for the GUI and I have an amd64 version, so I don’t want to do that.

I have been able to install gutebrowser without aptitude complaining.

N.B. I have the dbus version available installed – I tried installing the nosystemd version which is “older”, but aptitude kept “refusing”.

I am wondering if there is a known issue with elogind, liblogind0 and/or libpam-elogind. These are all version 246.9.1-1.0antix1.

Appreciate any advice referral or comments.

stevesr0

• This topic was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by stevesr0.
    Forum Admin
    anticapitalistaanticapitalista

Can you post the exact message from the terminal and your repos list.

Make sure you have (since firefox and Chromium demand it) dbus-x11 installed.
    Palemoon does not need dbus IIRC.

• This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by anticapitalista.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

Hi anticapitalista,

Thanks for the response.

I didn’t have dbus-x11 installed. When I installed that, then firefox and lxterminal installed without complaint. LXterminal launched ok and works fine, but firefox displayed an error message complaining about a dbus-glib-1.so.2 file not being available.

After installing dbus-glib-1-2, firefox launches without an error message.

So, I have marked this as solved.

stevesr0

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.