Proposal for antiX 21

Forum Forums antiX-development Translations Proposal for antiX 21

• This topic has 54 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated Oct 23-6:29 am by Wallon.
Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Brian Masinick
    Helpful
    Up
    ::

We have agreed to use alternative names for lists; Google and Microsoft, two large companies, have cited a number of viable alternatives; we can choose from them or add our own; we have quite a few examples and alternatives listed in this thread that seems reasonable, but it’s not an exhaustive list; there are other synonyms available as well.

Brian Masinick

ModdIt
    Helpful
    Up

Hi Wallon,
    No offense on my side either, i just wish racism, prejudice and lack of opportunity would not be glossed over
    by gaslighting.

Microsoft and google are trying to wriggle out of responsibility for their internal problems.

You live in an appalingly divided country, divided by language and descent, would changing a few words make a difference.
    ————————————————————————————————————————–

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by ModdIt.
    • This reply was modified 2 months ago by ModdIt.
    Robin
    Helpful
    Up

Hello,
    Meanwhile I’ve managed to replace all the »black« strings by an alternative, within script, language files and readme document. Was a bit fiddly to trace down all of them, and if you notice an occurrence I’ve missed, please let me know. I have chosen »blocklist«, which anticapitalista and some others have mentioned above. So no problem here.

This replacement leads to translation-info Ver 0.8

New in this version (besides of the wording):
    – command line help message.

So there are some strings to translate again on transifex. (sorry, I really hope this will be for last time)

Btw, interesting finding: Even when Google writes something like:

GOOGLE developer documentation style guide

This doesn’t prevent them from asking me about 100 times again and again whether I’d mean »blacklisted« while automatically translating the modified language files. It caused 100 error messages… Would wish they had a butten »No to all«. Seems they haven’t read their own guide themselves. And in some languages which came back in translation I noticed, they actually translated it to an equivalent of »blacklist«, not »blocklist« as the original reads now. The translation of »black« was clearly distinguishable. So much for that.
    Since I’m not a developer, please forgive me for not reading permanently all the microsoft and google style guides for developers. I speak as I am born to speak, until somebody makes me aware an expression commonly used could hurt somebody else nowadays. Then I’ll take care of it, and this doesn’t need any discussion. Thank you very much, @Wallon , for drawing my attention to this blunder.

Updated .mo files for use in Ver 0.8 will come at gitlab as soon as the strings on transifex are translated, I’m going to bulk upload them this time.

So long, have a nice Sunday
    Robin

marcelocripe
    Helpful
    Up

So there are some strings to translate again on transifex. (sorry, I really hope this will be for last time)

Robin, change as many times as you see fit. Please don’t get hung up on that. You informing us that there have been changes is enough. After all, the program is under development and changes are needed and this is perfectly understandable.

Off topic:
    I hope PPC reads what I wrote above and will consider upgrading Debinstaller to the version that has more text.

Thanks.

marcelocripe

– – – – –

Robin, altere quantas vezes você achar que é necessário. Por favor, não se prenda a isso. Você nos informando que houve alterações já é o suficiente. Afinal, o programa está em desenvolvimento e alterações são necessárias e isso é perfeitamente compreensível.

Fora do tópico:
    Eu espero que o PPC leia o que eu escrevi acima e considere atualizar o Debinstaller para a versão que possui mais textos.

Obrigado.

marcelocripe

marcelocripe
    Helpful
    Up

Hello dears,

I had written in this topic the words “invitation” or “invite”, but analyzing the proposal of the program “antix-translation-info” and its goal/intention, I believe that the text needs to be improved.
    It is not about “making an invitation” or “inviting other people”, the idea is “asking other people to help”, the idea is “asking other people to volunteer” and also telling other people that “we do not know everything” (which is a truth) and that “we need help”.

The text below, in English language, is just a proposal, as you all know already, I don’t know how to write the text in English language. Therefore, it may be that the machine translation text misses my intention, which is to try to sensitize other people through words to become volunteer translators of antiX.

“Title (in red color):

Are you seeing the English language texts?

Has antiX not been fully translated into your language yet?

Are you having difficulties to use antiX or the application programs
    because they are not fully translated?

Subtitle (in red color):

Please know that you can help us.

If you understand more than your native language, know a little bit of
    English language, or even without understanding the English language, you can understand
    the machine translations of the translators available on the Internet.

So you too can contribute to making antiX increasingly translated
    into your language.

Underlined (in black):

By donating some of your free time, you will soon be able to try out antiX
    and antiX application programs in your own language.

Join the antiX volunteer translators team, you are always very
    welcome to participate in the translations.

The voluntary translation work is not difficult, if you have questions you can
    ask questions in the antiX forum, and your good deed may help other

other people who speak your language to understand antiX and the antiX
    antiX application programs more easily.

Subtitle (in red color):

Just do what you can do in your spare time.”

I hope everyone can correctly understand my intention.

Robin, forgive me if this will generate a huge amount of rework for you.

marcelocripe

– – – – –

Olá caros,

Eu havia escrito neste tópico as palavras “convite” ou “convidar”, mas analisando a proposta do programa “antix-translation-info” e o seu objetivo/intenção, eu acredito que o texto precisa ser melhorado.
    Não tem haver com “fazer um convite” ou em “convidar outras pessoas”, a ideia é “pedir ajuda para outras pessoas”, a ideia é “pedir para outras pessoas serem voluntárias” e ainda dizer a para outras pessoas que “nós não sabemos tudo” (o que é uma verdade) e que “nós precisamos de ajuda”.

O texto abaixo, em idioma Inglês, é apenas uma proposta, como todos vocês já sabem, eu não sei escrever o texto em idioma Inglês. Por isso, pode ser que o texto da tradução automática perca a minha intenção, que é de tentar sensibilizar outras pessoas por meio das palavras a se tornarem tradutores voluntários do antiX.

“Titulo (em cor vermelha):

Você está vendo os textos em idioma Inglês?

O antiX ainda não foi totalmente traduzido para o seu idioma?

Você está tendo dificuldades para utilizar o antiX ou os programas aplicativos
    porque não estão totalmente traduzidos?

Subtítulo (em cor vermelha):

Saiba que você nos pode ajudar.

Caso você compreenda além da sua língua nativa, conhece um pouco do idioma
    Inglês, ou mesmo sem compreender o idioma Inglês, você consegue compreender
    as traduções automáticas dos tradutores disponíveis na Internet.

Então, você também pode contribuir para tornar o antiX cada vez mais traduzido
    para o seu idioma.

Sublinhado (em cor preta):

Doando um pouco do seu tempo livre, você poderá experimentar em breve, o antiX
    e os programas aplicativos do antiX em sua própria língua ou idioma.

Junte-se à equipe de tradutores voluntários do antiX, você sempre será muito
    bem-vindo a participar das traduções.

O trabalho voluntário de tradução não é difícil, se você tiver dúvidas poderá
    fazer perguntas no fórum do antiX, além de que esta sua boa ação poderá ajudar

outras pessoas que falam a sua língua a compreender mais facilmente o antiX e
    os programas aplicativos do antiX.

Subtítulo (em cor vermelha):

Apenas faça o que você puder fazer no seu tempo livre.”

Eu espero que todos possam compreender corretamente a minha intenção.

Robin, perdoe-me se isso irá gerar um enorme retrabalho para você.

marcelocripe

Girafenaine
    Helpful
    Up

Hello,

Can I give a hand to translate or review some french translations ?

Girafenaine
    ----
    Antix 19 - Fluxbox - Live USB stick and frugal / MX 19 - Fluxbox - Dell XPS 7590

marcelocripe
    Helpful
    Up

Hello Girafenaine.

Can I give a hand to translate or review some french translations?

You and anyone interested in volunteering are always welcome. The instructions I will send you by private message.

Grateful.

– – – – –

Olá Girafenaine.

Can I give a hand to translate or review some french translations ?

Você e todas as pessoas que tenham interesse em ser voluntários sempre serão bem-vindos. As instruções eu te enviarei por mensagem particular.

Grato.

Girafenaine
    Helpful
    Up

Thank you marcelocripe for your message, I had a look on transifex and began to put forward some translations, whenever all french translation is stated “done” (but not “reviewed”).

Girafenaine
    ----
    Antix 19 - Fluxbox - Live USB stick and frugal / MX 19 - Fluxbox - Dell XPS 7590

marcelocripe
    Helpful
    Up

Hello Girafenaine.

As I had written in the private message:

“I recommend you talk to Wallon, he learned how to use Transifex the hard way, you don’t need to learn the hard way. Whenever you have questions, ask on the forum, as your doubts may be the same as other people’s , in this way everyone benefits from the teachings.”. We can use the Translations area.

As soon as possible, talk to @Wallon by private message, he is an excellent person and it is important to have some kind of communication and organization between the translators, like the Italian team that is forming, as you can follow The Italian translation is complete at Transifex and AntiX 19, Faq and Manuale Utenti tradotti in italiano. It is important that you combine the actions so that one does not change what the other did, and yet another suggestion, one of you can be responsible for the translations fr and the other for the fr_BE, so there is no risk of one changing the that the other did. The information I have is that in the absence of the 4-letter language translation files (fr_BE) the texts from the 2-letter language translation files (fr) will be used.

Thank you for joining our team of volunteer translators.

– – – – –

Olá Girafenaine.

Conforme eu havia escrito na mensagem particular:

“Eu recomendo você conversar com o Wallon, ele aprendeu a usar o Transifex do jeito mais difícil, você não precisa aprender do jeito mais difícil. Sempre que você tiver dúvidas, pergunte no fórum, pois as suas dúvidas podem ser as mesmas de outras pessoas, desta forma todos são beneficiados com os ensinamentos.”. Podemos utilizar a área Translations.

Assim que for possível, converse com o @Wallon por mensagem particular, ele é uma excelente pessoa e é importante ocorrer algum tipo de comunicação e organização entre os tradutores, a exemplo da equipe Italiana que está se formando, conforme você pode acompanhar The Italian translation is complete at Transifex e AntiX 19, Faq e Manuale Utenti tradotti in italiano. É importante vocês combinarem as ações para não ocorrer de um ficar alterando o que o outro fez, e ainda, outra sugestão, um de vocês pode ficar responsável pelas traduções fr e o outro pela fr_BE, assim não ocorre o risco de um ficar alterando o que o outro fez. A informação que eu possuo é que na ausência dos arquivos de traduções de idioma 4 letras (fr_BE) será utilizado os textos dos arquivos de traduções de idioma 2 letras (fr).

Eu que agradeço por você fazer parte da nossa equipe de tradutores voluntários.

Wallon
    Helpful
    Up

My dear marcelocripe,

What do you mean by “use Transifex the hard way”? I want to learn to use a “soft way”. Not everyone works under the sun, on the Copacabana beach with a glass of juice in their hand… I’m teasing you, it was a little joke. You are lucky, Brazil is such a beautiful country.

Well, I don’t work with *.pot files because I don’t have to deal with formatting such as “bold”, “italic” and so on.
    You should also know that translators have to trust the developers who, as you know, modify our translations so that they can be used in antiX programs.
    In addition, there is already enough “code” that goes into English texts that cannot be changed at all.

You know that I arrived on the forum with the antiX 19.3 version because there were programs in French that were not well translated (incomprehensible or several identical translations for different programs) or that there was a huge “bug” in the translation that prevented the program from working. According to Robin, this big “bug” remained for 6 years. I also showed on the forum many differences between the English version and the translated versions. Remember, some parts of the main menu did not work to update the antiX desktop in the translated languages. I also showed the community that the “ln_10” files did not load well for antiX in the translations. These “ln_10” files are used by e.g. Firefox, LibreOffice, VLC and our famous spaceFM, which remained half in English. Anticapitalista and the developers helped us a lot with this important part of antiX’s operation in foreign languages. I can say that the community has made great strides for us translators.

I also have to make a correction regarding the 2-letters and 4-letters languages. With the development of antiX 21, I showed the community that the fr_BE version was not in French. However, the antiX [fr] version was completely in French. Anticapitalista showed me that the [fr_BE] packages were not translated and that was the problem!

For Debian, if a [fr_BE] program does not exist in French, it will load the [fr] program.
    For antiX or MX Linux, it’s another thing. Sometimes, it will look for programs in [fr_BE] only.

That’s why I translated all [fr] and [fr_BE] programs.

Localization is important to define the keyboards and not only because of time zones.

As a reminder, in Belgium, the AZERTY keyboard is not the same as the AZERTY keyboard in France.

For example, German spoken in Belgium has an AZERTY keyboard. In Germany, it is a QWERTZ keyboard.

Another example for Dutch spoken in Belgium is an AZERTY keyboard. In the Netherlands, it is a QUERTY keyboard.

When installing antiX, only the language and time zone are asked. antiX never asks to set the keyboard. It is directly linked to the time zone. If you want to change the keyboard, you have to do it after the installation. Problem, antiX or MX Linux will load some files in a 4 letter language which are not necessarily translated.

Not all Linux distributions do this.

For French, it’s a bit of a stupid job because it’s an academic language. French in America, Asia, Europe, Africa is the same. If the Canadian French academy approves a new word, an idiom, it will also be approved by the academy in France. You don’t have to use the local vocabulary or idiom, but it is officially recognised. The grammar is always the same for the French academies. The dictionaries are always the same for all countries with local recognitions added.

This is not the case for all languages and it is interesting to introduce 4-letter languages. Brazilian Portuguese is not the same as Portuguese from Portugal. This is also the case for non-academic languages. English is the best example. US English is not the same as UK English. They can do whatever they want!

In conclusion;
    – academic languages are well coordinated around the world and it is not interesting to have 4-letters translation,
    – non-academic languages are unorganised (it’s a bit wilder…) across the world and it’s interesting to have 4-letters.

When I take an old French dictionary from the 17th century, it’s incredible to see the number of old words that are no longer used in French but that gave birth to the English language. Linguists say that 50% to 60% of English words come from Old French. I haven’t done the total, but I’ve read treatises that show the origins of words. It’s amusing and instructive.
    Examples;
    In French, “une riotte”, it’s no longer used = a small argument = in English, you find “riot gun”
    In French, “une lippée”, it’s no longer used = a little sip = in English, you find “lipstick”, “lips”
    In French, the verb “esprover”, it’s no longer used = in English “to prove”
    In French, “une espurge”, no longer used = in English “a sponge”
    In French, “aisible”.. = in English “easily”
    etcaetera…

Best regards,
    Wallon

Viewing 10 posts - 46 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.