Reminder: antiX jessie based versions reach end of life.

Forum Forums News Announcements Reminder: antiX jessie based versions reach end of life.

• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated Jun 28-2:30 pm by seaken64.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Forum Admin
    anticapitalista

antiX jessie based versions (antiX-15 and antiX-16.x) will reach end of life at the end of June 2020.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

seaken64
    Helpful
    Up
    :D

Thank you anti. What will happen to my installed Jessie version?

As an experiment I happened to be on one of my old P-III machines today and right now I am using Links2 browser to read and reply to the antiX forum. All from my antiX-16 install, in 384MB or RAM. NetSurf and Links2 work for browsing and Audacious for music and internet radio streams.

seaken64
    Helpful
    Up

I was able to post using Links2. But it was difficult to find my way around in the text mode browser. I then tried this post in NetSurf. I had difficulty logging in since NetSurf does not seem to support the scripts on WordPress. When I tried to login off the top menu it failed. But when I used the bottom of the screen it worked.

It’s an interesting experiment but I wouldn’t want to be stuck with only a P-III and antiX-16 for long. antiX-19 runs fine on my other P-III.

Seaken64

• This reply was modified 11 months, 4 weeks ago by seaken64.
    Forum Admin
    anticapitalista
    Helpful
    Up

Thank you anti. What will happen to my installed Jessie version?

You won’t get any upgrades from Debian nor antiX.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

seaken64
    Helpful
    Up

I don’t get any support for Windows 2000 either, or DOS, or an old OSX. But antiX-16 will continue to be more useful than any of those old OS’s even without support.

• This reply was modified 11 months, 4 weeks ago by seaken64.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.