Renaissance-style approach to antiX

Forum Forums Kafeneio Chats In a Greek kafeneio Renaissance-style approach to antiX

• This topic has 17 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated May 30-12:35 am by Robin.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Forum Admin
    anticapitalista

Found this interesting.
      Maybe antiX should follow suit.

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/cl443d48x3yo

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

anti-apXos

I’ll start the bidding at one hand-made, Renaissance-style two million dollar bill.

Robin

…and a legal condition that the owner cannot release the 31 tracks for 88 years. …

As a result, only a handful of people on the planet have heard snippets of the 31 tracks.

Sounds like an absolute perfect concept for antiX 🙂

Windows is like a submarine. Open a window and serious problems will start.

ChPol

In any case, the developers are going to have to pull out all the stops. If you are going to do an antiX short presentation for Trump’s election, the guy’s already in the starting blocks. And you’ll have to make an effort to show that you share the same values…

Brian Masinick

Trump?

Not for me…

--
              Brian Masinick

Forum Admin
              anticapitalista

In any case, the developers are going to have to pull out all the stops. If you are going to do an antiX short presentation for Trump’s election, the guy’s already in the starting blocks. And you’ll have to make an effort to show that you share the same values…

Is this obscure irony? I don’t get it.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

Robin

Well, read yourself:

If you are going to do an antiX short presentation for Trump’s election, the guy’s already in the starting blocks.

from the link you gave above:

»A group of potential buyers and media heard a 13-minute section in 2015, and disgraced drug firm executive Martin Shkreli – who bought the album for $2m (£1.6m, A$3m) – streamed clips of the music on YouTube to celebrate Donald Trump’s 2016 election victory.«

Maybe that renders ChPols remark clear? 🙂

Forum Admin
                  anticapitalista

Well, read yourself:

If you are going to do an antiX short presentation for Trump’s election, the guy’s already in the starting blocks.

from the link you gave above:

»A group of potential buyers and media heard a 13-minute section in 2015, and disgraced drug firm executive Martin Shkreli – who bought the album for $2m (£1.6m, A$3m) – streamed clips of the music on YouTube to celebrate Donald Trump’s 2016 election victory.«

Maybe that renders ChPols remark clear? 🙂

Thanks @Robin – now I get it, though is antiX being compared to a disgraced drug firm executive?

Robin

though is antiX being compared to a disgraced drug firm executive?

I reckon it is rather meant you should get the $2m from such a guy timely… Follow suit means here obviously to sell your soul to the devil 🙂

ChPol

@anticapitalista

I’m sorry my humor is so incomprehensible.
                        The publication reserved for an elite, the unimaginable price, the purchase and resale by major corporations, the climax with Trump’s coronation, all this and so far removed from our lives that I went a little nuts.
                        Fortunately, Robin understood what I meant.

Of course, I didn’t mean to insult you or belittle your work.
                        My apologies for this unclear second degree.

PS: And besides, I don’t appreciate hip-hop.

anti-apXos

the climax with Trump’s coronation

That part was good, but for me the climax was when the US government seized the CD.

Brian Masinick

the climax with Trump’s coronation

That part was good, but for me the climax was when the US government seized the CD.

In this context, what does “CD” stand for?

I’m familiar with “compact disc”, but quite a bit of this conversation has confused me;
                            so I’m asking; did the US government seize a compact disc from you, or is this about
                            some other political issue? I’m almost certainly missing some posts or some
                            crucial information here.

--
                            Brian Masinick

Brian Masinick

As far as “US government”, plenty of people in the US
                              do not have a high regard for national government figures.

Biden gets criticized for being “old” and many writers
                              paint him as having dementia.

Trump? Some blind republican fans would vote for him
                              no matter what.

I’d rather vote for “none of the above”.

Too many in leadership get there by aligning themselves
                              with millionaires and billionaires, so they serve only
                              them. There are probably exceptions, but not at the
                              highest levels.

The one thing I enjoy here is freedom of choice; at
                              least I’m “led to believe” I have “freedom of choice!”
                              Problem is, are ANY of the choices really a choice –
                              between various rich leaders, all with a similar
                              agenda?

--
                              Brian Masinick

Robin

the climax was when the US government seized the CD.

what does “CD” stand for?

You simply are to read carefully the very article anticapitalista had started this thread with:

Shkreli was later forced to hand it over to US prosecutors in 2018 after being convicted of defrauding investors,

Only then you can have fun with the comments on it.

Brian Masinick

“Shkreli was later forced to hand it over to US prosecutors in 2018 after being convicted of defrauding investors”

Crazy stuff; reminds me of the grandfather in the old New York movie with Cher and Nicolas Cage, “Moonstruck”:

The grandfather, confused about many things, said:
                                  “Somebody tell a joke!”

I guess that’s me; I don’t care WHAT is (or is purported to “be” on that “exclusive” CD): I would agree that a massive fraud, like that guy who was a Wall Street Investor who got caught defrauding who knows how many people; this sounds very similar to that event; maybe it’s even a parody of that foolish sequence of events.

In any case, anyone dumb enough to buy into that nonsense ought to buy the “Bridge” I have for sale! 🙂

--
                                  Brian Masinick

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.