Repos stopped work again

Forum Forums Official Releases antiX-17 “Heather Heyer” Repos stopped work again

This topic contains 13 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by watsoccurring Jul 2-2:09 pm.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Koo
    Koo

3 hours ago updating and downloading now the same repos have stopped working changing make no different. This needs to be fixed for good.

VW
    VW

I did a quick search to answer your question:

Cost of Server Ownership

You see it all boils down to …. money! Unless, of course, you live in “the Land of the Free” where Tariff Boy is gonna make y’all great again

• This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by VW.

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

Mark Twain

watsoccurring

Sadly with the server ? down we cannot donate, timed out errors.
    Hopefully tomorrow.
    Notwithstanding this , much appreciation to all who support AntiX

dgh
    dgh

You see it all boils down to …. money! Unless, of course, you live in “the Land of the Free” where Tariff Boy is gonna make y’all great again

That’s the Land of the Fee
    but I don’t see what any of this has to do with the topic of repo servers

Koo
    Koo

Will I for one am not quite sure on how to respond to VW comments. I have donated quite a few times over the months many because I believed in antiX……….

That’s the Land of the Fee
    but I don’t see what any of this has to do with the topic of repo servers

that makes two of us..

VW
    VW

It’s simply that if Tariff Boy made a certain company in Redmond pay a tariff then all Linux servers could be well funded. Maybe another company in California too?

Maybe y’all need some smiley faces so 🙂 🙂

Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.

Mark Twain

Forum Admin
    anticapitalista
    anticapitalista

On the front page of this forum, at the top under Announcements:

Default repo and main site is unreliable (repo.antixlinux.com). Use repo-manager to choose a mirror.

I’m on my hols until 6 July with a very poor internet connection so cannot do anything except point users to the announcement.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by anticapitalista.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

masinick
    masinick

Please note that it has been stated and repeated multiple times that the main repo site is unreliable. This is another reminder to choose a mirror site to download packages and other updates.

On the front page of this forum, at the top under Announcements:

Default repo and main site is unreliable (repo.antixlinux.com). Use repo-manager to choose a mirror.

I’m on my hols until 6 July with a very poor internet connection so cannot do anything except point users to the announcement.

Brian Masinick

VW
    VW

Yes, and some of us, who were paying attention to our ADMIN, even bookmarked the mirror list!!!

Package mirrors list

People who make stupid comments shouldn’t complain when they get silly replies!

Mark Twain

Forum Admin
    anticapitalista
    anticapitalista

@VW – steady on – no need to be rude.

@all – Let’s keep our forum friendly and welcoming.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

masinick
    masinick

@vw – steady on – no need to be rude.

@all – Let’s keep our forum friendly and welcoming.

Thanks anti! Remember, some of us have known this stuff for decades, yet others may be navigating here for the first time, and still others are forgetful; all of us still comprise a much valued community and everyone’s opinion (whether agreed to or not) deserves at least our respect.

Blessings to all!

Brian Masinick

VW
    VW

But surely what is rude is demanding that the repos be fixed as in “right now”?

Running a server is time consuming and expensive. Any comments Dave?

That said, I apologize for being sarcastic.

And to help others, this is How to use Sarcasm

Mark Twain

Forum Admin
    Dave
    Dave

Running a server is time consuming and expensive. Any comments Dave?

Not really anything to comment… the power button was a little out of reach when it is over 600km away 😛

Computers are like air conditioners. They work fine until you start opening Windows. ~Author Unknown

watsoccurring

Some good news , the donate button is working again.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.