Request: getting help fixing Zzzfm “Help” Menu (in pt)

Forum Forums antiX-development Development Request: getting help fixing Zzzfm “Help” Menu (in pt)

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated Jul 17-5:45 pm by PPC.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    PPC

I’m so used to it, that my eyes don’t even notice this: zzzfm’s “help” menu, in it’s second entry “FAQs” shows just some random code, like “P&R” I assume this is a bug in the localization file, because “P&R” is the pt acronym for “FAQs”. Years ago, I did most of the zzzfm localization, so it’s probably a mistake I made then…
      I need help locating zzzfm’s localization file, to get that fixed. Does this problem also happen on other languages?
      Edit: I fixed that (over at http://app.transifex.com/antix-linux-community-contributions/antix-contribs/translate/#pt/zzzfmpot/324481014?q=text%3AFAQ ), zzzfm would have to be recompiled to include the fix, I assume… Meanwhile, I’m taking a second look at the localization, trying to catch similar problems…

P.

• This topic was modified 1 year ago by PPC.
      Forum Admin
      anticapitalista

@PPC – After adding your latest changes to sessions, Trash label no longer appears.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

PPC

@PPC – After adding your latest changes to sessions, Trash label no longer appears.

I tried this:
          – I updated antiX-23 beta2
          – From the terminal (to force close zzzfm, so we can edit it’s session file):
          pkill zzzfm

I opened zzzfm’s session file (~/.config/zzfm/session) in one Geany tab and on another, I open the template /etc/skel/.config/zzzfm/session
          I move the skel’s session content to ~/.config/zzfm/session and save the file

From the terminal, I run
          zzzfm

ZZZfm opens in it’s original English configuration file, with the “Trash” bookmark- Does that happen to you?

then I try to localize zzzfm:

pkill zzzfm
          zzzfmlocalize 

and I get an error:

grep: /usr/share/applications/antix/trash.desktop: Ficheiro ou pasta inexistente
          grep: /usr/share/applications/antix/trash.desktop: Ficheiro ou pasta inexistente

(file or folder not found).
          what happens: zzzfmlocalize extracts the localization info from the trash.desktop file. You moved that file from /usr/share/applications/antix/ to /usr/share/applications
          So, no localization info is found, and the script craps out on us and tries to localize the “Trash” entry to the path of the .desktop file.

Fixing trash.desktop path on zzzfmlocalize will probably fix that… testing it…

Edit:
          Yep. That was it.
          Edit zzzfmlocalize’s line 86 to this:
          file="/usr/share/applications/trash.desktop"

To avoid problems, please try changing that yourself, in git (edit: over at http://gitlab.com/antiX-Linux/desktop-defaults-zzzfm-antix/-/blob/main/bin/zzzfmlocalize )…

PS: I realized there’s a tiny detail missing: the “search icon”, on the upper right is not localized. I’ll try to add that to zzzfmlocalize in a bit…

P.

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by PPC.
          PPC

@anticapitalista – I fixed the unlocalized “Search” toolbar icon’s tooltip:

Please add, to zzzfmlocalize, after line 118:

#Localize "File Search" toolbar icon
            TEXTDOMAINDIR=/usr/share/locale
            TEXTDOMAIN=zzzfm
            file_search_toolbar_entry=$"_File Search"
            targetfile=~/.config/zzzfm/session
            #remove _
            fixed_file_search_toolbar_entry=${file_search_toolbar_entry//_/}
            sed -i "s/cstm_12757b81-label=.*/cstm_12757b81-label=$fixed_file_search_toolbar_entry/g"  $targetfile

Edit: I think this completes the localization of every single addition we made to zzzfm, with one exception- the “restore” (from trash) contextual menu- that requires a localization file, since I don’t have any internally available zzzfm localization for that expression that I can use… But I’m not losing sleep over that detail, for now, the best way to restore a file from trash e dragging it to the folder were we want it (in my humble opinion).

Note: There’s a bug in zzzfm localization, for some reason, at least in pt, when we right click a file > Proprieties > the first entry (that should again be the localized text “Proprieties”, remains in English – I searched high and low and I found no missing localization entry on zzzfm’s localization – any insight on what’s missing, anyone?

P.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.