[request] please make a version with pcmanfm

Forum Forums antiX-development antiX Respins [request] please make a version with pcmanfm

• This topic has 7 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated Mar 28-7:56 pm by LikkMii.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

pcmanfm is the best file manager ever and so why not make a version with it like an other option to rox o spacefm

oopsoops

I prefer Thunar 😉

Its not hard to install PCManFM.

Go to the Package installer click File managers, click PCManFM to mark it, then click install.

To install Thunar by itself you should use Synaptic or apt.

PS: I see you posted this under Respins. To make a respin of this go to the Control Centre Maintenance tab and make an ISO Snapshot, selecting General.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 2 days ago by BobC.

Doesn’t install in alpha1.Not even with synaptic. I been using Thunar since Noah was a boat captain

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 2 days ago by LikkMii.

The op didn’t ask about alpha1. I was able to install it on alpha1 with the following code via terminal:
    sudo apt update && sudo apt install pcmanfm

Forum Admin
    anticapitalistaanticapitalista

Doesn’t install in alpha1.Not even with synaptic

Installs just fine on my version.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

Hmmm. I jut pulled a terminal and installed it…no problem ? Winder why the antiX software in control nor synaptic pulled it down. Oh well. It’s in. I always like having a couple terminals on the system i opened Xterm and typed pcmanfm and got a bunch of warnings to use another terminal.
    Already added the icon to icepanel. It gave me a folder instead of thunars idiotic ring gear.
    Stupid me. I always go to the termial first but like playing in your control panel. It’s as cool as Sparkys aptus

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.