RTS5227 PCIe card reader drivers

Forum Forums General Hardware RTS5227 PCIe card reader drivers

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Xecure Jun 26-10:13 am.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    bpb21

Has anyone been able to get this to work? I’ve got this hardware:
    02:00.0 Unassigned class [ff00]: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTS5227 PCI Express Card Reader [10ec:5227] (rev 01)
    Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company RTS5227 PCI Express Card Reader [103c:21b3]
    Physical Slot: 1
    Flags: bus master, fast devsel, latency 0, IRQ 255
    Memory at d0500000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable)
    Capabilities: [40] Power Management version 3
    Capabilities: [50] MSI: Enable- Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit+
    Capabilities: [70] Express Endpoint, MSI 00
    Capabilities: [100] Advanced Error Reporting
    Capabilities: [140] Device Serial Number 00-00-00-01-00-4c-e0-00
    Capabilities: [150] Latency Tolerance Reporting
    Capabilities: [158] L1 PM Substates

But, the OS doesn’t seem to see it. I’ve searched for RTS5227 drivers all over, including the RealTeK site, but the closest available is the RTS5229 driver package.
    There are even instructions out there to modify the RTS5229 drivers to compile and work for RTS5227, but to no luck.
    https://askubuntu.com/questions/492476/internal-sd-card-reader-not-detected-hp-realtek-rts5227
    (I realize those are probably Ubuntu-specific, and version specific at that.)

Anyone gotten this card reader working on Antix? Sparse information on the ‘net and HP only has Windows drivers (no linux whatsoever) for my Elitebook Revolve 810 G2 (which otherwise works flawlessly with Antix!)

Xecure
    Xecure

I have very little experience building drivers. Just twice for other devices (not related to yours, unfortunetly).
    You are probably refering to this project when you built it:
    https://github.com/astyonax/patched-RTS5227-5229
    The creator says they had it working on ubuntu (so it should also work here, I think), with kernel up to 4.15.
    Make sure your kernel is not a 5.XX kernel (try it out first on a 4.9 antiX kernel).

(Read all first, as there is a note at the end)
    With my little experience, this is what I found myself doing:

Once the driver has been compiled and added for your kernel (and you have restarted the machine), check to see if the module is active:
    lsmod | grep "rts5227"
    If not in the list, activate the module
    modprobe rts5227

if it is now active, then check to see if it is working
    dmesg | grep "rts5227"
    If it requires a firmware and the firmware is missing, then it will tell you where (what folder) you need to place it.
    If no errors come up, then try connecting a card and again call
    dmesg | grep "rts5227"

If nothing comes up, try restarting your module and reconect the card.

modprobe -r rts5227
    modprobe rts5227

NOTE ABOUT THIS MODULE:
    A user says that the card works on kernel 4.20
    Try installing the 4.20 antiX kernel. If the card is not detected, try to see if an MX kernel works instead (better to test it with MX 18.3 in a live USB to avoid problems, just to see if the card reader works there).

If you have already done this, then ignore this repply and hopefully an expert can help out.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.