RUST – installation issue

Forum Forums General Software RUST – installation issue

This topic contains 16 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by BobC Jan 21-10:45 pm.

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author

russellb23

Finally got that figured out. It was the separate home partition and the permissions for the same, issue. I chose no separate /home partition during the installation and it all worked. But, this time took the suggestion of not having a third-party software under root, especially it updates on its own without the distro’s support. I have rust only under user. I appreciate you all for your kind efforts and suggestions. It was really a nice welcome for me at antix forums. I am feeling like in home after years. No more systemd and I am happy with debians stability and antix speed. antiX rocks. Thank you guys.

entropy

BobC

That’s great! I’m not sure why I was wrong, but glad to hear you got it to work.

You just added support to the concepts of “keeping it simple, and not creating a separate /home” as well as making “Just one more try” which sometimes I have done ad-infinitum. Sometimes you just need to be persistent at whittling down the permutations.

Welcome to antX 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 16 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.