Sadshark’s antinataliX 32-bit

Forum Forums General Other Distros Sadshark’s antinataliX 32-bit

• This topic has 12 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated Jun 13-9:43 pm by ModdIt.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Sadshark [p.n.2001]Sadshark [p.n.2001]

Hello again folks. Long time no see. I’ve been using my old 32 bit backup PC for a while now and I’m upgrading to an SSD soon because I’m starting to get disk errors on startup on this thing. Messed up my main desktop computer but it’s a long story. For years this 32-bit machine was running on antiX but now after about a week of work on the project I’ve made my own build of antiX, however, and it’s actually got some significant changes for anyone that cares to know.

• This topic was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by Sadshark [p.n.2001].
    • This topic was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by Sadshark [p.n.2001].
    • This topic was modified 3 months, 1 week ago by Dave.

Running antinataliX GNU/Linux 19.9 on my Compaq Mini 110c-1100
    On my desktop running Kubuntu 18.04 LTS
    The antinatalist antifascist childfree vegan mini-manifesto
    Bertolt Brecht's beautiful poem, the Unconquerable Inscription.

1. Removed blacklists for the non-free Broadcom drivers because it doesn’t help in dissuading people from using the non-free software, because it’s such a necessity, and it helps to make it more easy for beginners. But that’s full disclosure to everyone that it doesn’t blacklist non-free drivers so if that bothers anyone, understandable.
    2. Changed system settings so wicd begins on startup. I have no idea why but for some reason it’s disabled on startup on default antiX, and that’s another thing I thought would help for beginners (more on that in a minute)
    3. Based on Debian testing (Bullseye) by default and I fvcked up the installer thing by accident so you can’t even install based on Debian stable if you wanted to. But that’s okay, 32-bit software isn’t very stable to begin with as many know by now. But if you really wanted to go into the sources list and go backwards before installing, you can. In my opinion testing feels generally faster and better optimized.
    4. My iso has 1.5 gb of permanent storage available on it for live usb usage.
    5. Added a button that enables wicd to the app menu. The only reason I’ve added this is because sometimes I noticed during live USB usage that wicd still won’t startup right way. My first bug but with a band-aid type solution that actually works. I noticed in general that wicd can get messed up, but it could be my extremely ancient netbook. Might switch to ceni but I don’t know yet.
    6. added libhal1-flash which as some of you may know is a stopgap free libre software flash player compatibility layer. Works okay but my netbook computer is particularly ancient (2008) and wasn’t even fancy at the time so mileage may vary. This allows people to watch flash player content on vhemtdotorg, the new firefox homepage!
    7. removed most of the wallpapers/login screen images and replaced them with VHEMT antinatalist themed ones (all creative commons licensed!) except for that aquatic one with the shells 🙂
    8. Added an edited clip of the VHEMT documentary film, Thank You For Not Breeding. Original film by Nina Paley, who I admit is very multi-talented but I wish she’d stop with all that TERF crap on Twitter everyday. Trans rights = Human Rights. That film clip is Creative Commons by 3.0 licensed.
    9. bookmark for stallmandotorg on Firefox. there are few people in the world I appreciate and agree with more than Richard M. Stallman.
    10. Changed all release file names to antinataliX 19 32-bit Bullseye
    11. conky now says “antinataliX”
    12. Added VLC media player which doesn’t seem to work too well anymore for 32-bit but idk. It’s what I’ve always used on 64 bit even when I was a Windows user all those years ago.
    12. added games SuperTuxKart, Mahhjong, and GJeweled. SuperTuxKart used to actually run pretty well on this netbook until the 0.9.1 version came out. I’d imagine if you have some sort of dedicated graphics card, even if it’s ancient it will probably run SuperTuxKart (Geforce GT 240 anyone?). Seriously. Even now I get 5-15 fps with the game.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by Sadshark [p.n.2001].

So the reason I’ve decided to make the world’s first ever VHEMT themed GNU/Linux distro is because I’ve been a member of their “evil, terrible, CULT! *hyperventilation*” for a long time and my interest in it has only piqued more this year now that Coronavirus is proving just how shitty and destructive humanity can be compared to the beautiful animals you’re killing on mother earth every day. Yeah, I’m vehement about it. There are other “antinatalists” out there that call themselves efilists but they not-so-secretly deny the holocaust, think coronavirus is a hoax, wanna blow up the earth with a massive nuclear arsenal (?!?!) etc. They are really horrible people so I wanted to make a distro that shows that antinatalism isn’t just about what those disgusting people have to say. There are almost nothing but a litany of toxic, evil and villanous “antinatalist” voices out there so it’s no wonder everyone hates it. VHEMT is much more rational and only calling for humans to not breed so as to make for better conditions in the earth’s biospehere for non-human life, of which far outnumbers the arrogant human species. To be a member of VHEMT you have to have zero children, but there are people that call themselves “supporters” that have kids. No comment on that but to each their own I guess. But I tried to make it easy for beginners and also to make it as a “project” type operating system for people that just want to see what GNU/Linux is like that have never tried it before. Combatting coronavirus boredom/woes by trying/installing antinataliX on your old dusty pc (clean it out first!) sounded to me like a genuinely appealing concept and so I ran with that.

I’m still like “anticapitalist” or whatever but I think anti already knows, I’m more of the full on marxist-leninist type, and I’m not straight so I don’t plan on naming all of my distros after women, even though I respect left activists of both genders. I was proud to tell people that I had antiX Heather Heyer, but now I’m ready to move on to my own political world view. I really quite genuinely, from the bottom of my heart, consider humans to be just another intrusive species on the planet. Much like how elephants stampeding through villages and taking them over and breeding thousands of goddamn elephants would be intrusive.

coming soon:
    a. “Welcome to antinataliX” script file, which I’ve already included in antinataliX 64-bit based on Kubuntu 20.04 LTS but only just finished the 32-bit script yesterday. It opens the VHEMT documentary clip and generates a welcome file.
    b. antinataliX splash screen stuff?
    c. Make VHEMT the homepage on Dillo too.

Sorry for making 3 posts but I couldn’t fit it all into one for some reason.
    Download antinataliX 19.9 32-bit “Bullseye” here if you wish. Released under GNU GPL v2: https://mega.nz/file/xEMRCYTT#t9e9XFvZplGUvIWjL0YwQLpc9VHzfe3BidJCoGT7hkQ

The reason I’ve decided to make the world’s first ever VHEMT themed GNU/Linux distro is because I’ve been a member of their “evil, terrible, CULT! *hyperventilation*” for a long time and my interest in it has only piqued more this year now that Coronavirus is proving just how shitty and destructive humanity can be compared to the beautiful animals you’re killing on mother earth every day. Yeah, I’m vehement about it. There are other “antinatalists” out there that call themselves efilists but they not-so-secretly deny the holocaust, think coronavirus is a hoax, wanna blow up the earth with a massive nuclear arsenal (?!?!) etc. They are really horrible people so I wanted to make a distro that shows that antinatalism isn’t just about what those disgusting people have to say. There are almost nothing but a litany of toxic, evil and villanous “antinatalist” voices out there so it’s no wonder everyone hates it. VHEMT is much more rational and only calling for humans to not breed so as to make for better conditions in the earth’s biospehere for non-human life, of which far outnumbers the arrogant human species. To be a member of VHEMT you have to have zero children, but there are people that call themselves “supporters” that have kids. No comment on that but to each their own I guess. But I tried to make it easy for beginners and also to make it as a “project” type operating system for people that just want to see what GNU/Linux is like that have never tried it before. Combatting coronavirus boredom/woes by trying/installing antinataliX on your old dusty pc (clean it out first!) sounded to me like a genuinely appealing concept and so I ran with that.

I’m still like “anticapitalist” or whatever but I think anti already knows, I’m more of the full on marxist-leninist type, and I’m not straight so I don’t plan on naming all of my distros after women, even though I respect left activists of both genders. I was proud to tell people that I had antiX Heather Heyer, but now I’m ready to move on to my own political world view. I really quite genuinely, from the bottom of my heart, consider humans to be just another intrusive species on the planet. Much like how elephants stampeding through villages and taking them over and breeding thousands of goddamn elephants would be intrusive.

coming soon:
    a. “Welcome to antinataliX” script file, which I’ve already included in antinataliX 64-bit based on Kubuntu 20.04 LTS but only just finished the 32-bit script yesterday. It opens the VHEMT documentary clip and generates a welcome file.
    b. antinataliX splash screen stuff?
    c. Make VHEMT the homepage on Dillo too.

Sorry for making 3 posts but I couldn’t fit it all into one for some reason.
    Download antinataliX 19.9 32-bit “Bullseye” here if you wish. Released under GNU GPL v2: https://mega.nz/file/xEMRCYTT#t9e9XFvZplGUvIWjL0YwQLpc9VHzfe3BidJCoGT7hkQ

Forgot to say also the default WM is fluxbox & Default terminal app is Sakura.

@sad, not a shark, they are graceful predators, and straight to purpose. wrote: there are few people in the world I appreciate and agree with more than Richard M. Stallman.

Stallman may be brilliant at writing computer software, as a so called human he is a shitty pädophile supporting ignorant bigoted a**hole.

I agree with some of your sentiments but as I kid I was stuffed in the ass by a disgusting pädophile bastard.
    You know the kind of person Stallman supports. Enjoy it, I am pretty non violent but would fully support slowly shoving barbed wire up the rear end of people like that.

• This reply was modified 3 months, 2 weeks ago by ModdIt.
    manyroadsmanyroads

(FWIW):
    https://thenextweb.com/dd/2019/09/13/free-software-icon-richard-stallman-has-some-moronic-thoughts-about-pedophilia/

Pax vobiscum,
    Mark Rabideau - http://many-roads.com
    "For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken
    dwm on antiX19 & arch
    Reg. Linux User #449130

(FWIW):
    https://thenextweb.com/dd/2019/09/13/free-software-icon-richard-stallman-has-some-moronic-thoughts-about-pedophilia/

Those are the exact kind of thoughts of his I agree with the most dweeb. For crying out loud you act like you have the right to take away my political freedoms.

@sadshark prisoner 2001, they are graceful predators, and straight to purpose. wrote: there are few people in the world I appreciate and agree with more than Richard M. Stallman.

Stallman may be brilliant at writing computer software, as a so called human he is a shitty pädophile supporting ignorant bigoted a**hole.

I agree with some of your sentiments but as I kid I was stuffed in the ass by a disgusting pädophile bastard.
    You know the kind of person Stallman supports. Enjoy it, I am pretty non violent but would fully support slowly shoving barbed wire up the rear end of people like that.

You are literally one of the most ignorant GNU/Linux users I’ve encountered, congratulations. All respect lost. You quite literally wouldn’t be typing from your little GNU/Linux PC without him. He’s a VHEMT member too, by the way, FOR THE RECORD.

Thank god I’ve evolved past being a part of the troglodyte childish bullshit on this site. I don’t know if you guys think you’re revolutionaries or what but Stallman put you here in the first place, and you wanna cry your fucking eyes out that Stallman has the courage to stand up for human rights when you’re too cowardly to. Seriously shame shame and shame again on this community. I’ve got my own now. Goodbye.

All this “no more heroes” horse-shit I will fight to the death until the day I die. You’re not some fucking hero, someone else is, and to have the goddamn balls to act like you yourself are the biggest hero, nobody inspires you, you don’t look up to anyone, you won’t look up to anyone etc it all just makes you look like arrogant, bitter fucking narcissists, not like some fucking agent for change.

Stallman has the courage to stand up for human rights when you’re too cowardly to.

So for you adults mistreating and F ing kids is a human right.

Sad piece of festering indecency would be a more fitting username than the one you use..

IF YOU HAVE as you call it balls, which I really doubt. PUBLISH YOUR REAL FULL NAME AND ADRESS HERE

instead of hiding behind a pseudonym which is insulting to the most advanced predators on this planet
    and spouting clouds of excrement.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Sadshark’s antinataliX 32-bit’ is closed to new replies.