[SOLVED] Screen doesn’t lock on suspend. antiX 19.2.1_base

Forum Forums Official Releases antiX-19 “Marielle Franco, Hannie Schaft, Manolis Glezos, Grup Yorum, Wobblies” [SOLVED] Screen doesn’t lock on suspend. antiX 19.2.1_base

• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated May 3-11:11 pm by betman.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    betman

Hello!
    Where will I find the file to enable screen-lock while suspending? This option is not there in control centre.
    Thanks.

I have tried changing the suspend command in ~/.icewm/preferences from
    SuspendCommand="/usr/bin/suspend"
    to
    SuspendCommand="xlock" && "/usr/bin/suspend"
    and it doesn’t work.
    Any help would be appreciated.

• This topic was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by betman.
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by betman. Reason: path correction
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by betman. Reason: marked as solved
    Xecure
    Helpful
    Up
    ::

Normally, installing acpi-support and editing /etc/default/acpi-support with root privileges so that LOCK_SCREEN=true option is not commented ahould make it work, but there is a problem with getXuser that I don’t know how to solve.

As a dirty fix, you could edit /usr/local/bin/desktop-session-exit and change the suspend option so it executes
    sudo pm-suspend && xlock

This way, using the option “Logout” (or something similar) in the IceWM menu, and selecting “Suspend” option, should make it work.

There is a problem with it that it has a lag of 1 or 2 seconds after it powers on before the screen is locked. I have no idea how to solve this roght now.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by Xecure. Reason: correct path for desktop-session-exit

antiX Live system enthusiast.
    General Live Boot Parameters for antiX.

betman
    Helpful
    Up

There isn’t any file in /usr/local/bin named as desktop-session-exit.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by betman.
    Xecure
    Helpful
    Up

There isn’t any file in /usr/local/bin named as desktop-session-exit.

locate desktop-session-exit in terminal

antiX Live system enthusiast.
    General Live Boot Parameters for antiX.

betman
    Helpful
    Up

It works!
    But first of all I apologise. The file was there. Instead of looking inside /usr/local/bin, I was looking inside /usr/bin. Then per your instruction I changed the suspend option to ‘sudo pm-suspend && xlock’ and it works (with that lag as you said).
    Thank you a lot @Xecure !

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.