SeaMonkey new version

Forum Forums New users New Users and General Questions SeaMonkey new version

• This topic has 11 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated Apr 14-2:33 pm by greyowl.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    greyowl

I notice that SeaMonkey came out with a new version 2.53.7 on March 30.
      It does not update through the repo, but has to be downloaded and install over the previous version.
      I am wondering if this new version 2.53.7 is in the Package Installer. If so, would reinstalling with Package Installer update to the new version?

Dell Latitude D620 laptop with antiX 22 (64 bit)

Forum Admin
      anticapitalista

seamonkey 2.53.7 should hit the repos soon.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

marcelocripe

Hello Anticapitalista,

Could you please include the translation for the languages available on the website http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/#langpacks or could you teach us how to use the files available on this website?

Thanks.

marcelocripe
          (Original text in Brazilian Portuguese)

———-

Olá Anticapitalista,

Por favor, seria possível incluir a tradução para os idiomas disponíveis na página eletrônica http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/#langpacks ou poderia nos ensinar como usar os arquivos disponíveis neste sítio?

Obrigado.

marcelocripe
          (Texto original em Português do Brasil)

Forum Admin
          anticapitalista

I don’t know how to make localised debs for seamonkey.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

Brian Masinick

The localized binary images are included on the site.

In addition the source code and instructions are included for those who want to make a personal copy.

I’d recommend getting the binary images unless you want to “Struggle” and learn. In that case I highly recommend getting the code, discover what else is needed and ultimately learn.

25 years ago I would usually compile my own text editors and Web browsers. Then again I had plenty of resources, multiple servers and workstations available, which made it easy to build software while working on other things.

--
              Brian Masinick

greyowl

Thank you.

Brian Masinick

Thank you.

This is the easy way to get the software, arguably the best way for most people.

--
                  Brian Masinick

marcelocripe

I don’t know how to make localised debs for seamonkey.

Please, train me … Teach me how to create the “.deb” packages from the source code that I help to build them and make available by some means so that they can be sent to the repositories. That way everyone will benefit.
                    Or rather, train people who are interested in collaborating/helping antiX, allow us to help the development team.
                    I ask you to consider my request.

marcelocripe

———-

Por favor, me treina … Me ensina a criar os pacotes “.deb” a partir do código fonte que eu ajudo a contruí-los e disponibilizo por algum meio para poder ser enviados para os repositórios. Assim todos serão beneficiados.
                    Ou melhor, treine as pessoas que possuem interesse em colaborar/ajudar o antiX, permita-nos ajudar a equipe de desenvolvimento.
                    Peço que pondere este meu pedido.

marcelocripe

Forum Admin
                    anticapitalista

The ‘trainer’ (me) needs training too.
                      I have no idea how to package seamonkey from their sources.
                      MX Linux does it for us.

marcelocripe

I want to learn to be able to help more.
                        If more people can help you, the less burden of repeated work you and the development team will have to do.
                        My suggestion is, if each administrator can train 3 other people to do the work they do on antiX, these jobs will have 4 people, it will certainly reduce the workload and increase the development team.

Greyowl, excuse me for taking your topic …

marcelocripe

———-

Eu quero aprender para poder ajudar mais.
                        Se mais pessoas puderem te ajudar, menos carga de trabalho repetido você e a equipe de desenvolvimento terá que fazer.
                        A minha sugestão é, se cada administrador puder treinar outras 3 pessoas para fazerem os trabalhos que fazem no antiX, estes trabalhos passarão a ter 4 pessoas, certamente diminuirá a carga de trabalho e aumentará a equipe de desenvolvimento.

Greyowl, desculpe-me por tomar o seu tópico…

marcelocripe

ModdIt

Hi Marcello, anticapitalista,
                          there are some XPI Language pack XPI files available on the
                          sea monkey website PT BR is one of them. Maybe the easiest
                          way would be to provide those rather than localized debs.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 1 month ago by ModdIt.
                          greyowl

The new version of SeaMonkey 2.53.7 is now on the repos. I used antiX Updater. It worked fine.

@Marcello
                            Good issues and discussion.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.