Search file system for files by text content

Forum Forums New users New Users and General Questions Search file system for files by text content

• This topic has 33 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated Jan 24-8:05 am by BobC.
Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    andfree

post screenshots of the same screens so we can double check them.

BobC

Looks the same as mine. Sorry, I’m out of possible answers.

I tried what worked before on mine, and now it gets a segmentation fault, too.

Sorry. We tried…

andfree

I tried what worked before on mine, and now it gets a segmentation fault, too.

Really thanks for your help, and sorry to realise that you have the problem, too.
          Does the segmentation fault happen after you did several searches in the same session of Searchmonkey? This is the case for me, when I do searches in each subfolder separately. Instead, it happens always (no exceptions) at the same point of the progress, every time I search in the whole “Documents” folder.
          So, search in subfolders separately is some kind of a solution for me, until a real solution is found.
          Since it’s not a problem related exclusively to my own system, I wonder if it wouldn’t be pointless to make a bug report at sourceforge or somewhere.

BobC

I’m not sure. I don’t know how to debug on Linux systems, so that would be another learning exercise for me. I have searchmonkey installed, but its not something I use or rely on, so given that the author hasn’t been responding to any of the issues, I will probably just uninstall it. It is a good concept, but that’s only part of the challenge.
            Better testing might nail down the problem more, but its not worth doing if there is nobody willing to fix it.

I typically use Midnight Commander’s search myself, and don’t normally use ODT files unless that is what I’m given, or what someone wants.

Viewing 4 posts - 31 through 34 (of 34 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.