Setting Up NFS client

Forum Forums New users New Users and General Questions Setting Up NFS client

• This topic has 6 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated Jan 3-5:19 pm by caprea.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Budgie

Please could I have some help with setting up an NFS share from my NAS. As a guess I tried Control Centre>Shares>Connectshares but couldn’t see any shares on my lan. Symptom of a firewall issue possibly but I cannot find where to open ports etc. Sorry to be a dunce. Did a search on this site using firewall as keyword and nothing came up.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by Budgie.
    skidoo
    Helpful
    Up

You might consider performing a general websearch: “nfs firewall port”
    or
    You might scroll up, click FAQ then click Connectshares
    or
    You might visit antixlinux.com and click WIKI then scroll down and click link to video: “Find and Mount Network Shares (includes updated connectshares info)”
    or
    You might visit antixlinux.com and click MX/antiX Wiki then type “NFS” into searchbox and read https://mxlinux.org/wiki/networking/nfs
    or
    You might refer to the topic in tips-n-trick subforum: https://www.antixforum.com/forums/topic/remote-share-access-connectshares-v-file-manager/
    or
    You might click Old Forum Archive in the forum header navlinks dropdown, and search oldforums archive via duckgo:
    NFS
    connectshares

Budgie
    Helpful
    Up

Hi skidoo and thanks for the many suggestions. Sorry I didn’t make myself clear. As the tips and tricks subforum advice suggests, finding no shares using connectshares could indicate firewall blocking, however when I enter firewall in the search box I get nothing. What I am looking for is a gui for configuring the firewall not which ports to use. Strange nothing came up on the search for “firewall”. I guess knowing where to look is what I am needing to learn with a new (for me) system.

skidoo
    Helpful
    Up

when I enter firewall in the search box I get nothing.

Yep, I heard that part, loooooud and clear

a

caprea
    Helpful
    Up

The gui is in antix-controlcenter, under network
    called gufw.

Budgie
    Helpful
    Up

The gui is in antix-controlcenter, under network
    called gufw.

Hi caprea and thanks for the further help. I assume that would be the graphical interface for uncomplicated firewall. Sadly it is not in control centre>network> or anywhere else. Seems it is not installed. I cannot follow skidoo’s graphic help but meanwhile I have again tried the Find Shares in Configure ConnectShares and this time all my lan shares are there. (Magic?) Now I can follow the guides previously suggested by skidoo. Thanks to you both once more.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by Budgie.
    caprea
    Helpful
    Up

Yep, I forgot you are using base, it’s maybe one of those things that are not installed.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.