Show us your conky’s

Forum Forums General Screenshots Show us your conky’s

Tagged: 

• This topic has 47 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated Mar 17-1:36 pm by h3kt0r.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    ext4

Hi,

here is my conky, which is currently running on a 10 year old PC.

How do your conky’s look like?

Attachments:

Es kann nur e1nen geben!

christophe

This looks fun! I love conky.
        We can find new things we like from others’ setup.
        I recommend we upload both image & text, if the forum software lets us.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by christophe.
        • This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by christophe. Reason: had to save .conkyrc as conky_christophe_$DATE.txt in order to attach

confirmed antiX frugaler, since 2019

christophe

@ext4 – looks nice! (I feel maimed if I can’t see my system resouces on my desktop. 🙂 )

ile

hello ext4 and everyone
            Please proudly display
            the conky version; tagged in the conky,
            by adding this to conky monitor

$conky_version
            conky

or ” ${conky_version} ”
            conky special attention is in antiX conky Legacy; <conky-legacy-all>

ile

hello ext4 and christophe
              Static information defining machine is text additions per individual machine. Text can replace some conky variables, to ease conky load.
              Take the edge off the glare replacing white color with ivory or a light greygray or gold.
              I like wifi signal strength and ssid name added when using wlan.
              Twisted a bit the antiXstandard conky to have a narrow column discern can reveal status.

ext4

I recommend we upload both image & text, if the forum software lets us.

Here is the missing text file from my CONKY.

Attachments:

Es kann nur e1nen geben!

matheus

Hello,

It’s my conky.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by matheus.

CPU =>Intel Core i7-2600 @ 3.40 GHz 04 Cores / 08 Threads.
                  RAM =>16 Gb (2x Hyperx Red DDR3 08GB 1866)
                  GPU =>Palit GeForce GT 1030 2Gb GDDR5 (Driver Nvidia Current)
                  Monitor => Samsung SyncMaster T22A300
                  Motherboard +> "Chinese" ZX-H61C

marcelocripe
                    marcelocripe
                      Yuzeff

A little bit tuned standard antiX Conky. It shows CPU/HDD temperatures and free disk space.

My Dell Vostro 1710: Core 2 Duo T6600 2.2 GHz, 4 GB RAM, 240 GB SSD, Intel 965GM Integrated Graphics, 1440x900, antiX 22 full.

Lubo

My current Conky.
                          Includes a screenshot of Conky and a .conkyrc.

Note:
                          The .conkyrc is very messy. I have hacked it up a lot, using the default AntiX 21 base ISO.
                          It “works” for me. YMMV.
                          You are welcome to copy snippets or the entire config. since most of it is based on AntiX anyway.
                          Don’t waste your time (or mine) telling me it is garbage. It is “in use” now so clearly it does work.
                          Prior versions of this were posted under my old account, which I have read-only access to.
                          Those were edited and cleaned up by other forum members.
                          I have no problem with that, as long as you understand it has customization that I like and don’t want to remove. Not indispensable but fits my style of work. Almost all text with no bars. Live readout of hostname, uname -r and the like. Troubleshooting/diagnostic information at a glance.

E.g. having time displayed both for GMT (UTC) +3 and -7, dates in both EU and US format, weather for both locales, etc. And yes, it has a battery indicator left over from when I used it on a laptop, which is not needed for desktops. But that can be commented out or deleted as you see fit of course.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by Lubo.
                          • This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by Lubo. Reason: Added URL for old post under old username
                          • This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by Lubo.

Mr. Lubo Diakov
                          email: zr90004@gmail.com

christophe

My essentials

Lubo

chistophe, I like your conky. Very little screen area, but a lot of useful info. The Top processes CPU and RAM usage is nice.

I tweaked my conky a little bit more.

It now displays some temperatures (EU) in Celsius, and others (US) in Fahrenheit.
                              Actually it displays LA on two lines with both, so you can compare the temperature in the two scales in real time.
                              I had to get the syntax right, and it took a little trial and error, but if anyone reads the conkyrc it’s in there.

Mr. Lubo Diakov
                              email: zr90004@gmail.com

Peter Linu

Hi all you conky people,
                                How do I add one thing, and at the bottom of my conky:
                                CPU temperature (in C)?

afghan

This is the cpu temp fragment from my conkyrc:

CPU temp:${alignr}${acpitemp}°C

My locale is set for the metric system, so it defaults to the Celcius scale. Not sure what happens if you’re set for non-metric locales (only one country left in the world still on that system if I’m not mistaken).

• This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by afghan.

Beware of people who knows nothing; they are the ones that won't know that they know nothing.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.