'sid' and 'Testing' caveats

Forum Forums News Sid Upgraders 'sid' and 'Testing' caveats

• This topic has 22 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated Jan 19-11:47 am by iugamarian.
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    fungalnetfungalnet

Thank you again.
    Is there a way that this traffic jam can be avoided? If renaming your pkg to always supersede the debian one would that work, or is possible?

fungalnetfungalnet

Testing-eudev/libeudev
    It says that libeudev breaks libeudev of the same edition, so eudev can not be upgraded because of the break.
    ??

Forum Admin
    anticapitalistaanticapitalista

Testing-eudev/libeudev
    It says that libeudev breaks libeudev of the same edition, so eudev can not be upgraded because of the break.
    ??

policykit-1 needs to be moved from our sid/nosystemd repo to testing/nosystemd

Please be patient.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

fungalnetfungalnet

No problem, I thought you would want us to report problems when we encounter them as soon as possible.
    So if I have policykit-1 from sid I can just dpkg -i from cache, right?

Forum Admin

No problem, I thought you would want us to report problems when we encounter them as soon as possible.
    So if I have policykit-1 from sid I can just dpkg -i from cache, right?

Yes, I do want reports as soon as you see them. Thanks.

Not really advised to dpkg -i since you also need to make sure the new libs also get installed and ones you don’t want, don’t get installed.

policykit-1

pulseaudio debs also need moving to testing/nosystemd (we ship with a systemd-free libpulse, not the whole of systemd-free pulseaudio)

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by anticapitalista. Reason: more info added

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

Forum Admin

Now in testing repo so it should be o to dist-upgrade.

fungalnetfungalnet

Ok, thank you again

The only metapackage I install from testing after installing 4.19 Antix x64 kernel is firmware-misc-nonfree in nomodeset mode because video card RX480 does not allow X to start with the stable firmware. IMHO the firmware needs to be about the same age as the kernel because some calls do change (are added mostly). So to avoid further possible problems I put testing firmware on the older PC’s and laptops and 32 bit as well after upgrading the kernel. Then I comment out testing repo in apt list and do apt update.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.