'sid' and 'Testing' caveats

Forum Forums News Sid Upgraders 'sid' and 'Testing' caveats

• This topic has 50 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated Dec 27-12:50 pm by fungalnet.
Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • Author
    fungalnet
    Helpful
    Up
    :D

Minor issue: On the upgraded papirus-antix did anyone experience dpkg getting stuck for a long time uncompressing the pkg (or at least that was the last message I got) in the midst of a dist-upgrade (sid).
    After removing a dpkg lock, running a dpkg -conf -a and an apt lock, rerunning the whole thing it was able to go through. On a different installation it just took long time but eventually it went through.

Forum Admin
    anticapitalista
    Helpful
    Up

It takes a while since the images are heavily compressed into the deb file.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

fungalnet
    Helpful
    Up

Ok, thanks I thought maybe there is some glitch in the pkg and I couldn’t see the output.

Forum Admin
    anticapitalista
    Helpful
    Up

You might prefer the mini version (papirus-mini-antix).
    It actually saves about 10MB RAM usage if using a ‘desktop’ like rox or spacefm.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

fungalnet
    Helpful
    Up

Hello, I upgraded yesterday through chroot not by actual booting and there was a bundle of xserver/xorg pkgs that came in. So I booted antiX (sid + runit-init (no runit-run)) and tried to start X with xinit as usual.

I got the following error:

[ 351.702] (EE) dbus-core: error connecting to system bus: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.FileNotFound (Failed to connect to socket /run/dbus/system_bus_socket: No such file or directory)

So I made a link /etc/runit/runsvdir/default/dbus -> /etc/sv/dbus/ and started right up.
    My question is whether this is recent development (I can’t find anything from the chaos of X release files) or something secondary to X causes this hard dependency. I suspect if I make a little script in my wm and remove the dbus service after it is up and restore while it exits “my problem” can be solved, running X without dbus.

fungalnet
    Helpful
    Up

Here I am talking to myself I guess while Xians are celebrating CocaCola-man days.

I suspect anticapitalista did some magic and didn’t realize it with my scripts starting and killing dbus, but now xinit works again without a dbus error. It may have done it before I realized it.

But although it is dead, and starts X, and runit is not supervising it, some applications spawn dbus sessions on their own, unsupervised, so now I either have to create a runit script to kill dbus if it runs (dbus-launch and dbus-daemon) or rm/mv dbus to a location not seen by path

Viewing 6 posts - 46 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.