RIP skidoo

Forum Forums Kafeneio Chats In a Greek kafeneio RIP skidoo

• This topic has 23 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated Dec 13-6:16 am by BobC.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    ile

skidoo
      Thank You.

This image is edited for forum upload.
      Please view the original pdf in zip.

• This topic was modified 2 months ago by christophe.
      • This topic was modified 2 months ago by Brian Masinick.
      christophe
        Helpful
        Up
        ::

That’s a very nice & thoughtful gesture, ile.
        I’m very sad at his passing. I always held out hope that he’d be back someday…

His sense of humor was the best.

confirmed antiX frugaler, since 2019

christophe
          Helpful
          Up

Does anyone remember this one? (I think we were testing an alpha or beta for antiX 21…)

confirmed antiX frugaler, since 2019

watsoccurring
            Helpful
            Up

A shock and sad loss, he was full of life, intelligence and fun. I enjoyed his energy, skill and perspective in our time in this world.

oops
              Helpful
              Up

A shock and sad loss, he was full of life, intelligence and fun. I enjoyed his energy, skill and perspective in our time in this world.

+1
              … and humble.
              He reminds us that life on earth is short.
              RIP Skidoo.

PPC
                Helpful
                Up

@ile – nice gesture.
                I can picture him looking at the pdf file and complaining that it was an inefficient use of resources 🙂

Brian Masinick
                  Helpful
                  Up

Here’s one of favorite wildlife pictures. It’s an image of the Cumberland Falls near Corbin, Kentucky, an attractive area in the hills of southeastern Kentucky.
                  I can imagine skidoo using his “Skidoo” snowmobile along the woodland of this beautiful park.

Brian
                  Or "The Mas"

Brian Masinick
                    Helpful
                    Up

Here is a brand new Skidoo image in memory of our friend.

Attachments:

Brian
                    Or "The Mas"

seaken64
                      Helpful
                      Up

+1, RIP @skidoo. You were one of my favorites and I miss you.

Seaken64

sybok
                        Helpful
                        Up

Recently, I stumbled across someone from movie business reacting to a passing of an voice-actor who was also a kind human being.
                        The person said: “The world is a better place because he [the deceased] lived in it.”
                        Rephrasing it, “antiX is a better OS because @skidoo contributed to it.”
                        The original most likely does still apply. (I feel not qualify to judge it because I did not interact with @skidoo much.)

BTW, how did you learn of skidoo’s passing?

Robin
                          Helpful
                          Up

I’m sorry to tell you all that I read a post from a friend of skidoo’s and that he passed away. I (and others I’m sure) owe him a lot for all the time and effort he put into teaching people here how to figure things out, and as well for the programs and applications like slimski and zzzfm that we all benefit from.

On a sad note, when skidoo went dark he was extremely sick with cancer and heading for Chemical therapy.
                          Not an easy person at times but brilliant mind and sadly missed.

So this is actually true. Originally I had thought this thread was meant as a funny reminder for his no longer existing forum nick merely, possibly written by himself…

Sad to read he will not return some day.

I have learned from him much about bash scripting by studying his answers and references, or from his short, sometimes biting remarks on a question me or somebody else had risen in a thread.

So, rest in peace, skidoo. You’ll be missed.

Robin.

Windows is like a submarine. Open a window and serious problems will start.

marcelocripe
                            Helpful
                            Up

BobC wrote:
                            I’m sorry to tell you all that I read a post from a friend of skidoo’s and that he passed away. I (and others I’m sure) owe him a lot for all the time and effort he put into teaching people here how to figure things out, and as well for the programs and applications like slimski and zzzfm that we all benefit from.

BobC, thank you so much for bringing us this sad news.
                            All that’s left for us to do is pray for his soul and wish him well where he is.
                            I wish I could have enough knowledge to continue his legacy and honor him by keeping alive what he created.

– – – – –

BobC wrote:

BobC, muito obrigado por nos trazer esta triste notícia.
                            O que nos resta é orar por sua alma e desejar que ele esteja bem onde estiver.
                            Eu queria poder ter conhecimentos suficientes para continuar o seu legado e homenageá-lo mantendo vivo aquilo que ele criou.

sybok
                              Helpful
                              Up

@Robin: Thank you for quoting the posts by @BobC and @ModdIt, these answer my question.

DaveW
                                Helpful
                                Up

Although I am relatively recent to the forum, I too have appreciated Skidoo and his ready answers for technical issues which were perplexing to me. As some have already mentioned, his passing reminds us of the brevity of life in this world. It should also cause us to consider what lies beyond.

This passage of Scripture comes to mind:

Thus says the LORD, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches: But let him that glories glory in this, that he understands and knows me, that I am the LORD which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, says the LORD.

(Jeremiah 9:23,24)

Forum Admin
                                rokytnji
                                  Helpful
                                  Up

He was smart and right on the mark with his tech posts.

I miss him.

Sometimes I drive a crooked road to get my mind straight.
                                  Not all who Wander are Lost.
                                  I'm not outa place. I'm from outer space.

Linux Registered User # 475019
                                  How to Search for AntiX solutions to your problems

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.