RIP skidoo

Forum Forums Kafeneio Chats In a Greek kafeneio RIP skidoo

• This topic has 21 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated Nov 26-11:27 pm by ile.
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    olsztyn
    Helpful
    Up
    ::

BobC wrote:
    I’m sorry to tell you all that I read a post from a friend of skidoo’s and that he passed away. I (and others I’m sure) owe him a lot for all the time and effort he put into teaching people here how to figure things out, and as well for the programs and applications like slimski and zzzfm that we all benefit from.

Sad news. I was hoping he would recover. I will miss him for sure.

Live antiX Boot Options (Previously posted by Xecure):
    https://antixlinuxfan.miraheze.org/wiki/Table_of_antiX_Boot_Parameters

stevesr0
    Helpful
    Up

This forum shows its humane side in this thread.

So nice that it is more than a place to discuss problems with out computers and software.

If there is existence after death, I hope he is in a good place.

stevesr0

Brian Masinick
    Helpful
    Up

Absolutely!

Everyone matters.

I didn’t know for absolute certainty about skidoo but I remember hearing about the diagnosis.

When he disappeared during the winter I definitely had concerns but not knowing anything definitely I could only pray 🙏

Brian Masinick

DaveW
    Helpful
    Up

The Scriptures assure us that there is life beyond the grave.
    No one needs to be in the dark about what the future holds.

For example:
    “And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment: So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.” (Hebrews 9:27,28)

“Because he (God) has appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he has ordained; whereof he has given assurance unto all men, in that he has raised him from the dead.” (Acts 17:31)

Of course, much more can be said, but I’ll stop here. If you want to pursue this, I welcome your private message. (I think private messages are possible on this site, although I can’t recall using one.)

BobC
    Helpful
    Up

I don’t recall if he was religious, but he always helped the people that were willing to try, so if there is a good place, I’d bet on finding him there.

Remember the old message board, and how everything was lost or going to be? I’m pretty sure it was skidoo that wrote the program to convert it all into the usable form you can find now. I just used it to rebuild a failing EFI quintuple boot. No partition found… Yikes!

ModdIt
    Helpful
    Up

Please have enough respect for the dead and skip the bible lessons.

Whatever skidoo believed in or not this is a forum for those of any belief.

Not for Indoctrination and pushing the christian perversion money and power machine.

Take a long painful look at the history of the catholic and protestant churches as
    well as the way they still protect perverts.

Something I am absolutely sure skidoo abhorred.

ile
    Helpful
    Up

https://github.com/antix-skidoo?tab=repositories
    I addition to legacy coding and beyond
    skidoo archived old forum and tapatatalk forum.
    skidoo placed value on what we wrote, shared.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.