- This topic has 3 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated Apr 7-9:19 pm by sleekmason.
March 30, 2018 at 11:39 pm #8510Memberskidoo
SLiM login manager v1.4.2
source code available here: https://github.com/antix-skidoo/slim-antix
Tested on antiX 17.1
uploaded a 64bit debfile to github (temporarily ~~ we’re only supposed to host source code there)
sudo dpkg -i slim_1.4.2_amd64.deb
^—> respond “Y” when installer prompts to ask “accept maintainer’s copy of config file?”
bug reports here: https://github.com/antix-skidoo/slim-antix/issues
(I will not be monitoring this forum topic)
After installing this newer SLiM version into an antiX system, bear in mind:
package “remaster-antix” contains a script which may later overwrite slim.conf with an older copy
package “cli-installer-antix” contains a script which may later overwrite slim.conf with an older copy
* do not fail (exit) if background image is missing; instead, fallback to using solidcolor
* do not fail (exit) if panel image is missing; instead, fallback to using a plain, solid color box
* When solidcolor has been specified, and background_color contains
an invalid value (or is empty), assert background_color=#ff0000
to provide visual feedback regarding the misconfiguration.
* added UTF8 support for welcome_message (translations followup needed)
* debian/rules: add hardening rules (source fortification, stack protection, relro)
* remove unused jpeg.c and png.c, and refs within CMakeLists.txt
Their functionality had already been incorporated into image.cpp
* upon failed login (incorrect username+pw), display an onscreen
message (configurable, via themfile) and, conditionally, alert user to CapsLock=ON status
* fix: “-h” help commandline option showed no ouptut
* app.cpp: Fix env alloc (ref http :// bugs.debian.org/733916)
* image.cpp, image.h: outcomment unused fn Merge_non_crop()
* add new options to support centering of input box text and hiding of cursor
* rename the generic value “color” (background_style option value) to “solidcolor”
* fix: save root window pixmap id when setting background
* antiX/slim.theme: correct option name (input_fgcolor >>> input_color)
* fix Cfg::getIntOption (declare 0 as default value)
* upon failed login, provide onscreen hint if CapsLock is ON
* removed executable bit from shipped pam.sample file
* debian/control: remove stated build dependency (freeglut3-dev)
* (devnote: temporarily tag, during testing ### for slim v1.4.2)
* remove unnecessary declared libz (aka zip) dependency
* debian/rules: add “scrot” as Recommends (for F11 screenshot) and
“antix-goodies” (provides yad, used by “slim-login” + “antixccslim.sh”)
and “gtkdialog” (used by “antixccslim.sh”).
Also, add “urxvt” to Recommends (it is the configured console_cmd).
(TODO: specify xterm|urxvt ? remove xterm from Recommends?)
* antixccslim.sh: insert test for presence of gtkdialog + yad
* slim-login: insert test for presence of yad
* optimize existing antiX background.jpg themefile.
reduce (35kb>>14kb) and decrease gamma + increase saturation
* provide a minimal (6kb solid black) bgimage for ‘default’ theme;
ship additional themes (to demonstrate examples of both single, and double, input box layouts)
* create a COMPREHENSIVE list of config options/descriptions
(install creates /usr/share/doc/slim/OPTIONS_LIST.txt)
and add “SEE ALSO: /usr/share/doc/slim directory” into the manpage
* add “dh-exec” to build deps (115kb installed size)
so that we can use /usr/share/dh-exec/dh-exec-install-rename within the slim.install file
* add “scrot” (used for screenshot_cmd) as a Recommends in debian/control
* slim.conf: prepend ### to inline comments, to differentiate from
lines containing #currently outcommented values
* “slim-login” (autologin setup) utility: add sanity check
(test whether a home directory matching the typed username exists)
and test whether empty username value was submitted
* suppress useless/misleading “cancel” buttons within yad errmsg dialogs
* antixslimcc.sh: check that current_theme is “antix” and, if not,
warn “this background setter utility is effective only when the currently-selected
SLiM theme (specified in /etc/slim.conf) is: current_theme antiX”March 31, 2018 at 7:34 am #8529Forum AdminDave
Wow a lot of good changes here.
Even some I have noted to do in the control centre but never been able to get to them. (sanity checks and such) Thanks and I hope they get added in. I have not taken a look at the updates yet but another I have noted is to change the autologin line rather than appending it to the config file. I do not see it in the change log… is the autologin script still doing this or was it updated sometime before?
- This reply was modified 1 year, 8 months ago by Dave.
Computers are like air conditioners. They work fine until you start opening Windows. ~Author UnknownApril 7, 2018 at 6:12 pm #8912Memberohh
Have installed SLiM login manager v1.4.2, excellent, have had no issues. Thank you for your work on slim. I hope you reconsider, as you will be a loss to the community.
Every matter requires prior knowledge.
- Du Mu
The Art of WarApril 7, 2018 at 9:19 pm #8914Membersleekmason
Did this a few days ago and everything has been good to go! I would hope skidoo sticks around. Good people are are to find. Kind people even more so.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.