Small bugs

• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated Nov 1-9:13 am by anticapitalista.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Ok, I want to thank you guys for this amazing effort, awesome stuff!
    Here are some small bugs I’ve noticed while testing 17 base final 64bit.

A) The localize repo isn’t setting AX mirror correctly. repo.antixlinux.com doesn’t change at all. Not sure if intended.
    B) It seems to be ignoring Date/Time zones too and always sets UTC. CC > System > Set Date and Time fixes it.
    C) IceWM volume keyboard shortcut comment for lowering the volume needs to be fixed. Why can’t I use the kb multimedia keys? They seem to work fine in mpv.
    D) Adblock lists is too aggressive (and outdated). I’ve had to disable it to display disqus live comments.
    E) gExec is still pointing to roxterm instead of lxterminal. Editing .gexec fixes the problem.

Forum Admin
    BitJamBitJam

Thanks for the bug reports Lixtra! (A) should be easy to fix. I didn’t understand (B). What is ignoring the Date/Time zones? What is always setting UTC? Here, running live, the “F3 Timezone” bootloader menu seems to be working correctly.

Context is worth 80 IQ points -- Alan Kay

Hmm… here tty1 shows correct timezone but not X.

Forum Admin
    BitJamBitJam

Hmm… here tty1 shows correct timezone but not X.

Ah yes. I see that now too. Thanks!

Context is worth 80 IQ points -- Alan Kay

Brian MasinickBrian Masinick

I didn’t notice any issues with Timezone, in particular any differences between what the console shows versus what was set at startup. Then again, I have not completed the installation step with the new antiX 17 Full that I just received, but I did attempt to install antiX 17 Base a few days ago and did not notice this then either.

In my case, I set the Timezone to America/New York at installation time, though if I set or modify Timezone in the Configuration tool – which sometimes offers a much wider list of selections, then I typically set it to America/Detroit. Either way, the GUI display correctly sets the time and shows the Timezone as whatever I set – New York or Detroit.

When I’m in front of it again, I’ll experiment and see if I see this; you may have it corrected by the time I get to that step however! 🙂

Brian Masinick

Forum Admin
    dolphin_oracledolphin_oracle

I didn’t notice any issues with Timezone, in particular any differences between what the console shows versus what was set at startup. Then again, I have not completed the installation step with the new antiX 17 Full that I just received, but I did attempt to install antiX 17 Base a few days ago and did not notice this then either.

In my case, I set the Timezone to America/New York at installation time, though if I set or modify Timezone in the Configuration tool – which sometimes offers a much wider list of selections, then I typically set it to America/Detroit. Either way, the GUI display correctly sets the time and shows the Timezone as whatever I set – New York or Detroit.

When I’m in front of it again, I’ll experiment and see if I see this; you may have it corrected by the time I get to that step however! 🙂

I think the installer corrects the timezone issue for installed systmes, but it likely still shows up on live media.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 5 months ago by dolphin_oracle.
    Forum Admin
    anticapitalistaanticapitalista

Re – time bug.
    If running live, a quick fix is Control Centre -> System -> Set Date and Time
    This should also carry over if running persistence.

Philosophers have interpreted the world in many ways; the point is to change it.

antiX with runit - leaner and meaner.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.