source of the metro jpg

Forum Forums New users New Users and General Questions source of the metro jpg

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Anonymous Dec 29-3:53 am.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    primaeval

Does anyone know where the metro image came from? My Google-fu is weak with this one.
    I’m asking because I can’t work out if it is real or cgi or photoshopped.
    The station is so clean and graffiti free that it can’t be real unless it is in Switzerland. 🙂

• This topic was modified 3 months, 3 weeks ago by primaeval.
    Anonymous

Try search by uploading the wallpaper on:

https://images.google.com

primaeval
    Forum Admin
    dolphin_oracle
    dolphin_oracle

that was submitted by longtime mepis/mx community member Utopia. I don’t remember the exact details, but its either his photo or a public domain image that he found somewhere. I know he did some work on them for MX16.

Anonymous

@primaeval:

On page 5 you’ll find out what is on that photograph and where is it done.

Page 7 already gives you the name of the photographer.

So, now you know where to go and where to find (and download) the (original) of that photograph. 😉

In the exif data, there’s the name of the application (+ version) and OS used too. 😉

And no, it’s not Switzerland.

I’ll rather not continue or I’ll get “… and missTell knows and knows …” again. 🙂 🙂 🙂

skidoo

I can’t work out if it is real or cgi or photoshopped.

I did run the original version through photoshop. I don’t recall any grafitti in the scene. MAYBE I airbrushed out a few papers/decals on the shelters and lampposts. Most of the “cleanup” was jpeg artifact removal and cloning away the bright spots (streetlamps shing through trees at right-hand side, and bright speckles in the gravel train tracks ~~ they were distractions when trying to read the right-side conky).

Anonymous

“Twinbrook” and “wheelchair” sign from the lamppost are surely not around any more, but “artifact removal” (from a 95 MB original)??? 🙂 🙂 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.