Specific weather discussions

Forum Forums Kafeneio Chats In a Greek kafeneio Specific weather discussions

• This topic has 777 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated Mar 1-11:49 pm by Brian Masinick.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 778 total)
  • Author
    Brian Masinick

If you have any weather discussions that go beyond simply sharing the app content
      from a weather report, this might be one place to discuss it, or open another
      topic in the Greek Kafeneio.

--
      Brian Masinick

RJP

It has been a lot of thunder storms in last days, but now the weather seems to calm down.

Brian Masinick
          Forum Admin
          rokytnji

Been up all night with these heats lately.

But I have to keep the noise down so as not to wake the wife.

Even the air compressor kicking on wakes her up. So mainly just shop cleanup as I figure this out.
            Hopefully it will run in 90’s F range after this heat dome blows away.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=31.4256&lon=-103.4942

Sometimes I drive a crooked road to get my mind straight.
            Not all who Wander are Lost.
            Motorcycle racing is rocket science.

Linux Registered User # 475019
            How to Search for AntiX solutions to your problems

Brian Masinick

If you want to share a weather report and ONLY a weather report, this is the place to share it.

If you want to share multiple information bits, what specs you are using and you want to tack on the time and temperature that is OK in my thread about What Are You Here With?

Just don’t disturb the intent of the topic or your post may be altered, moved or removed, depending on what it has to do about anything related to this forum.

This cafe is a place for non computer discussions but please remain within whatever topic is here; start another topic with another thing to discuss or state.

--
              Brian Masinick

Brian Masinick

@rokytnji
                I see 100°F current temperature in Pecos, TX!

Yikes!

Though it can get pretty warm here and also humid, I don’t remember the temperature exceeding 98°F here.

I recall a temperature of 103 in Nashua NH in May once and I recall multiple times in 2012 when the mercury level showed over 100 in southeastern Michigan around Detroit.

Phoenix? Every year. Texas? Certain cities, yeah. That really puts a burden on water, energy and living things including PEOPLE!

Stay safe my friend!

--
                Brian Masinick

Brian Masinick

Current conditions at
                  Greenville Downtown Airport (KGMU)
                  Lat: 34.85°N, Lon: 82.35°W, Elev: 1010 ft.
                  Fair with Haze, 79°F, 26°C
                  Humidity 79%
                  Wind Speed W 9 mph
                  Barometer 30.09 in (1017.9 mb)
                  Dewpoint 72°F (22°C)
                  Visibility 5.00 mi
                  Heat Index 82°F (28°C)
                  Last update 30 Jun 12:53 pm EDT

NWS Forecast for: Travelers Rest SC
                  Issued by: National Weather Service Greenville-Spartanburg, SC
                  Last Update: 12:48 pm EDT Jun 30, 2023

This Afternoon: Scattered showers and thunderstorms. Partly sunny, with a high near 89°F. West southwest wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Tonight: Patchy fog after 5am. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 70°F. Southwest wind around 5 mph becoming northeast after midnight.

Current conditions at the nearby Mountain Shadows Station 82°F;
                  Additional Conditions: Pressure 30 in, Visibility 7 miles
                  Clouds, Partly Cloudy, Dew Point 71°F, Humidity 78 %
                  Rainfall 0 in

--
                  Brian Masinick

Brian Masinick

Originally #post-110114
                    Elev 1030 ft, 34.91 °N, 82.44 °W
                    Greenville, SC Hourly Weather Forecast
                    82°F Mountain Shadows Station

Time	Conditions	Temp.	      Feels Like	Precip	Amount	Cloud Cover	Dew Point	Humidity	Wind	Pressure
                    5:00 pm	Partly Cloudy   84 °F	        87 °F	          0 %	  0 in	  52  	           64 °F	   51 %	     7 mph WNW	29.78 in
                    6:00 pm	Partly Cloudy	83 °F	        86 °F	          1 %	  0 in	  53  	           65 °F	   53 %	     7 mph WNW	29.78 in
                    7:00 pm	Partly Cloudy	83 °F	        86 °F	          1 %	  0 in	  43 %	           64 °F	   53 %	     7 mph WNW	29.79 in
                    8:00 pm	Mostly Sunny	82 °F	        84 °F	          1 %	  0 in	  29 %	           63 °F	   52 %	     7 mph NW	29.81 in
                    9:00 pm	   Clear	79 °F	        81 °F	          1 %	  0 in	  16 %	           63 °F	   60 %	     5 mph NNW	29.83 in
                    10:00 pm   Clear	76 °F	        76 °F	          1 %	  0 in	  11 %	           63 °F	   65 %	     4 mph NNW	29.85 in
                    11:00 pm   Clear	74 °F	        74 °F	          1 %	  0 in	  9 %	           63 °F	   68 %	     4 mph N	29.87 in

Tonight 06/27
                    6% / 0 in

Partly cloudy skies. Low 66°F. Winds NNW at 5 to 10 mph.

--
                    Brian Masinick

Brian Masinick

Originally #post-109646
                      Last Update: 2:56 pm EDT Jun 20, 2023

Hazardous Weather Outlook
                      Flood Watch

This Afternoon: Showers and thunderstorms likely. Cloudy, with a high near 80°F. East wind around 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Tonight: Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Patchy fog after 7 pm. Low around 66°F. East northeast wind around 10 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between three quarters and one inch possible.

Wednesday: Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Patchy fog. High near 72°F. East northeast wind around 14 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.

Wednesday Night: Showers likely. The rain could be heavy at times. Cloudy, with a low around 62°F. Northeast wind 13 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 24 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

--
                      Brian Masinick

Brian Masinick

Originally #post-109715
                        Currently rainy and 66 °F in Travelers Rest, South Carolina.

Last Update: 1:32 pm EDT Jun 21, 2023

Hazardous Weather Outlook
                        Flood Watch

This Afternoon: Showers. Patchy fog before 4 pm. High near 70°F.

Tonight: Showers likely. Patchy fog after 9 pm. Otherwise, cloudy, with a low around 62°F. Northeast wind 13 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 29 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Thursday: Showers before 2 pm, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm between 2 pm and 5 pm, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 5 pm. Patchy fog. High near 72°F. Northeast wind 7 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.

Thursday Night: A chance of showers and thunderstorms before 8 pm, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm between 8 pm and 10 pm, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 10 pm. Patchy fog before 9 pm. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with°F a low around 63°F. North northeast wind 3 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms. . Northeast wind around 15 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

--
                        Brian Masinick

Brian Masinick

Originally #post-109720

@rokytnji – to me, you might want to consider reversing the seasons that you are “out and about”.
                          At one time I was considering a move from Michigan to Arizona, and I was figuring my “outdoor time”
                          would be between November and April, maybe “occasional” excursions out in the early morning or late
                          evening.

We decided to retire in South Carolina; it definitely has seasons.
                          Strangely last December we had the only truly COLD streak I’ve ever experienced here; almost like
                          New England or Michigan we had SINGLE digit temperatures for a couple of days immediately before
                          Christmas; thankfully it didn’t last long and we’ve not had many days like it before or since.

This week we’re having another below average temperature week; an earlier forecast expected
                          temperatures up near ninety; that changed because of a wet weather pattern that has been
                          hanging over the southern region of the Appalachian Mountains, so we are seeing temperatures
                          in the sixties and seventies with multiple inches of rain – and flooding in a few areas.
                          We’re fortunate NOT to see flooding in our immediate vicinity (yet) but it’s “duck days”
                          here; spend time outdoors if you like waddling around.

I’ll take it; this too will pass, and it will keep the vegetation irrigated and limit
                          dryness; those Canadian forests sure could benefit from this kind of weather!

--
                          Brian Masinick

Brian Masinick

Originally #post-109728

Yeah dude. Instead of moving. I need to adjust my sleeping habits to staying up all night outside in the shop and sleeping in the daytime during the summer.

Besides. Property prices are gouged in most parts of Texas. Rest of the country is not good time right now to go property shopping.

Besides. When Yellowstone Blows. Us Southerners like you and me hopefully will get diminished fall out. That oriental physics scientist in the USA. Says it will blow this year.

Edit: Been to parris island myself so I know how SC summers are like. Was woke up in a tent during a hurricane while I was there.
                            It was hotter then , than what you show.

This reply was modified 1 week, 1 day ago by rokytnji.

--
                            Brian Masinick

Brian Masinick

Originally #post-109733

It can get pretty warm and humid here in the summer. Oddly enough at least where we live in the “upstate region” of South Carolina the warmest day I can remember was about 98 degrees F.

I just get out early or late and use AC; as long as we have power it’s fine.
                              We have a pretty good source of power within an hour or less away and it’s rarely lost.

As far as hurricanes Paris Mountain is our friend. 1 we’re about four hours from the ocean and 2 the mountains seem to positively divert funnel clouds that HAVE touched down not very far away. As long as our small mountain doesn’t have an eruption we seem to be in a pretty good geographic location.

--
                              Brian Masinick

Brian Masinick

#post-109541

Pretty Hot

Weather:
                                Report: temperature: 35.33 C (96 F) conditions: clear sky wind: from N at
                                0.0 m/s (0 km/h, 0 mph) cloud cover: 0% humidity: 11%
                                pressure: 1008 mb (34 in)
                                Locale: Pecos, Texas current time: Sun 18 Jun 2023 09:10:40 PM CDT
                                observation time: N/A Source: OpenWeatherMap.org

This is with the sundown

Updating Dell. I think my NUC Box took a dive. 4 loud beeps and no screen or power up finish on NUC seems ominous.
                                Don’t feel like messing with it yet.

harry@biker:~
                                $ pinxi -v
                                CPU: dual core Intel Core i5 M 520 (-MT MCP-)
                                speed/min/max: 1734/1199/2400 MHz Kernel: 5.10.153-antix.1-amd64-smp x86_64
                                Up: 1h 59m Mem: 1551.3/7878.9 MiB (19.7%) Storage: 59.71 GiB (28.0% used)
                                Procs: 169 Shell: Bash pinxi: 3.3.26-3

Like I said. Been Hot here.
                                http://i.postimg.cc/hvJBfWCj/screenshot.jpg

[/url]

--
                                Brian Masinick

Brian Masinick

Originally #post-109544

Hot, no kidding!

In Greenville SC it gets warm but 98 is about the warmest I’ve seen since I moved here. Elevation helps; lowlands are definitely hotter, only tempered if they’re near the ocean. We’ve four hours from ocean.

You and AZ must be cookin’ now!

--
                                  Brian Masinick

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 778 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.